Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I'm interested in getting a heart rate monitor so I can get a more accurate read on how many calories I've burned than the estimate fitness machines give or websites provide. Any suggestions on a good one that isn't outrageously expensive?

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just received the Polar F6 for my birthday. I love it! It was only $109 on Sears.com. I don't know how much you are wanting to spend, but this one sure is wonderful!!!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got a Mio one from Winners (TJ Maxx in the US) for $39.00 seems to work pretty good! Plus I needed a watch anyways!
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a Polar F7 and I love it. The cost, really depends on where u purchase it. I got mine from ****'s sporting goods for around about 109.00. If that is too much for you or you really didn't want to invest that much, any HRM will do. Just make sure it comes with a strap and the battery can be replaced locally. Some Polar's you have to buy the battery directly from them. The best to me is always going to be Polar. Whatever HRM you get make sure you do your research on the internet first (check reviews) and also make sure it's what you need. No need to invest in a HRM and pay a good penny and it not be what you need.
    Good Luck on your purchase and let me know which one you decided to buy and how it works for you :)
  • MKistler77
    Options
    I have a mio petite. I love it. It has lots of features and it's easy to use.
  • DigitalRain
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 I bought from roadrunnersports.com for $90. Simple to use and reliable. Sometimes they have free shipping deals. Check them out.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Polar brand is the best out there, reliable and guaranteed to be as accurate as an electrocardiogram (hrm is a mini version)
    I have heard a lot of people like the F6.
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with polar being the best I recently replaced my polar s210 with a suunto T3c and couldn't be happier with the suunto. Plus the suunto has user replaceable batteries so no waiting 2 weeks for a polar dealer to change them for you.
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    weird a double post