50 pounds down!

Options
Nimhel
Nimhel Posts: 22 Member
So I started here again last August at my highest ever weight of 217. I have spent most of my life in the mid 190's and dieted off and on for years. I was never happy with myself but couldn't stick to my diets. I always went to the extreme to try to get results faster, and as many of you know that only leads to disaster.

I don't know why last August was different, but for some reason I stuck with it. And despite a almost 2 month long set back over Christmas and New years, I picked right back up and here I am at 167. I don't remember ever being in the 160's. I have vague recollections of the 170's in high school.

The dress I'm wearing in the after picture was a Christmas present from my lovely boyfriend and is a size medium. I wanted a goal dress to work towards and he secretly bought it for me. At Christmas when I opened it, I worried about ever fitting into it and thought he has wasted his money. I mean a medium? I could never fit into that! I was still wearing my XL dresses at that point. But it fits (although a little tightly at the moment) and I got here, into the 160's. I am so darn proud of myself.

On top of that, in less then two weeks, I'm running my first 5k and that is something I only ever thought about in passing fancy last year. And it's only May! Bring on summer... who knows, maybe I'll actually get into a bikini this year!

Height: 5'8"
SW: 217
CW: 167
GW: Who knows. Maybe just ten more pounds.

32849b89-157b-4ba7-8863-e5222d711531.jpg

Edit: Also sorry about the quality of the before pictures. I don't think that is even at my heaviest. I don't really have many pictures of back then.

Replies

• Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and that dress is freaking adorable! Your boyfriend has great taste! :)
  • Embracing_My_Life
    Options
    You look amazing... keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • karentalty
    karentalty Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Brilliant and motivating!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You look adorably beautiful!!!!! Love the dress!!!!!

Great loss! :)
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Way to go - you look great! All your hard work has clearly paid off!!
  • lswatson111304
    lswatson111304 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Love the dress! He has great taste! ;-)
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! And agreed, that dress is absolutely adorable and you ROCK it, girl! Keep it up :)
  • s1lv3rFox
    s1lv3rFox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You're looking good! :)
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    50 pounds down in basically 9 1/2 months and that included the winter holiday season, that is great! And you look cute as can be! Congratulations on your success.
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cute as a button, congrats!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Super great work, I especially like that even though you had a rough time over the holidays you persevered! And you do look really cute in that dress, be sure to let us know how the 5K run turns out
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Does this mean we can get sushi?! haha.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I LOVE that black and red skirt w/red belt....you look marvelous! YAY YOU:drinker:
  • SnatchPosse
    SnatchPosse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your story is inspiring.
  • babyblo1
    babyblo1 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I, too, LOVE that dress!!! You look fabulous in it! Not to be twinsies but I MUST find that dress! (Don't worry I live in a different state more than likely!)
  • MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Keep on going. You will be sad when that adorable dress no longer fits BECAUSE IT IS TOO BIG FOR YOU- but you will get over it! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!