51 lbs down and my "goal" LBD FITS!

Options

Replies

• briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow you look great!!!!!!!!! congratulations :)
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you look great :)
  • DaniMichelle5
    DaniMichelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job!!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great.

I'm now suffering from a bad case of outfit (shoes and dress) envy :devil:
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    A tall girl not afraid to wear high heels:smile: . Those are lovely heels.You look great! I just bought my "skinny jeans" the other day. My 'saggy bum" jeans just weren't flattering at all!
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    looking good lady! may I ask what your carlorie/macro goal was as you were going from size 16-to a 14-12 ..etc?
  • Becca680
    Becca680 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fantastic! way to go!!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are WEARING that LBD!!!! Cute shoes...
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Wow. You look great both before and after!!
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you so, so much everyone - I didn't expect to get so much positive feedback. You are all wonderful :flowerforyou:

I got a bunch of private messages asking what I did/am doing to lose weight in my journey, so although it might not be for everyone I figured I would just post it here for those interested.

I do log everything every day, but I don't measure everything like some people on here so my calories could be off around 100 either way. You'll see everything on my food diary from low calorie "Monday smoothie days" to get me back on track after the weekends to days where I splurge and have quite a bit of wine and maybe pizza or McDonalds. I think the success I have had so far is because I don't deny myself anything, I just make sure on a weekly basis to keep close to my goals! (Yup, I even have chocolate almost every day!)

I started off with Harley Pasternaks Body Reset Diet book, only because I really had no idea how to get started and count calories and cut back on all the food I was eating. It is only a 15 day diet and is all 10 minute "meals" with ingredients I already had at home. The first 5 days are 3 smoothies and 2 snacks, the second 5 days are 2 smoothies, one meal and 2 snacks and the last 5 days are 1 smoothie, 2 meals and 2 snacks. It had good basics on picking protein powders, getting started with exercise etc. and for me that is what I needed. I still use his smoothies as a base for my daily diet because they are so quick and yummy, but I've come up with my own flavors. So I'll usually have one for breakfast and then a big lunch a morning and afternoon snack and either a light dinner or a smoothie during the week.

My calories are at 1300 during the week and 1800 on weekends (I don't adjust on MFP I just eat that much). I try to "earn" an extra 500-700 calories through exercise every day during the week and then weekends I'll get out and walk but not do any "workouts". I find that by allowing myself the extra on the weekends I don't binge during the week because I have something to look forward to!

Workouts - I love my elliptical! Well ok.. I love/hate it! LOL. I try to do 45 mins 5 days a week, sometimes more, sometimes less depends how late I am running in the morning. Workout videos have become a really positive thing for me - I started with harley pasternaks hollywood workout (just because I bought the book and the wii game was only an extra $10) but now I do a bunch of Jillian Michaels workouts. I can't afford a big gym membership, nor do I want to be sweating in front of people, so it's nice to go full throttle at home and not be embarrassed. Most of her videos are $10 in target or walmart, but level 1 is free for almost all of them on youtube if you want to check them out. They are 20-30 mins (which for me is perfect since I don't have a ton of time) but high intensity cardio and strength training combined. So I usually do one of those and then the elliptical. 1 hour a day, 5 to 6 days a week. I will say I did start with 30 mins a few times a week - well actually I was so out of shape I started with 20 mins and barely able to breathe afterwards. But I just added a day or a slightly harder workout every time things were getting easier until the point I am at now!

I think the key is keep it easy enough to fit into your regular life. Keep your diet satisfying and don't "rule out" foods you love, and most importantly don't think "oh I had an awful weekend so I'll just keep eating and try again next week". If you stick to it, give yourself mini goals with mini rewards and two cheat meals (no cheat days as that adds up too fast!) a week then anyone really can get to their goals at a good pace!

Hope this gives some insight!

~Lydia~

P.S. Thanks for all the shoe compliments too - I do loooove shoes and enjoy being able to strut the high heels without my feet and ankles kiilling me after 5 mins anymore. :wink:
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look so wonderful!! What have you been doing to achieve all your success? I need hints and tips!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful thanks for sharing and congrats
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" 163lbs and a size 10-12! But I started at 240!! Congrats on your success :)
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look beautiful - and I will second many in the thread above: love the shoes!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Holy cannoli ....... awesome acccomplishment ...... and I just LOVE that black dress ....... oooh-la-la !
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl, you look fantastic! Love the LBD! :)
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Keep up the hard work. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!