How to balance weights, cardio, & unhealthy cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I think I denied looking into my thyroid issues for so long because I desperately wanted to believe that I was "fine" -- after all, I went to the doc and that's what they told me. I generally resist the idea of medication of any kind -- like I didn't take any pain killers after having ankle surgery to put my 5 breaks back in place -- shoot, before the xrays, I tried to convince the docs that the xrays weren't necessary, just give me an air cast and I'll go home -- he was pretty smug when he came back and told me I'd broken both bones in 4-6 places -- high pain tolerance and stupid ego! Having learned the hard way, I can tell you that it's soooo much better to get the proper medication if you really do have an issue.

I'd gotten so used to so many of the hypo symptoms, that they just became my "normal". Now, that it's being properly treated, my whole idea of normal has completely shifted. I can't believe I used to live the way I did previously. In retrospect, it was so stupid.

The digestion issue seems iffy -- especially if you aren't experiencing actual GI distress. But, it could be contributing to a major deficiency in some vitamin or mineral and that's causing or greatly contributing to the problems. Like I had a huge vitamin D deficiency as well (sadly, far too common) and that can throw off many things.

I hope you figure it out and come back and tell us.