For Ladies after Loss of loved one, pregnancy loss, etc.

Options
suzievv
suzievv Posts: 410 Member
Hi! I recently started a new group called "Ladies After Loss." This is for those of us trying to lose weight or stick to a fitness plan after having gone through the loss of a loved one, pregnancy or infant loss, death in the family, or other sad or traumatic event. If you're looking to buddy up with ladies in a similar situation, join the group and introduce yourself, and please feel fee to make new posts and respond to posts. Let's take care of our bodies, get healthy, and support each other every day.

Replies

• bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi, ameliafiddle
    This sounds like a good idea, I lost a brother in Dec, but what really is hard for me right now
    is that my dd and grandson and son-in-law is moving thousands of miles away
    and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. Both of my parents and parents in law
    have passed away. I know it's not as bad as losing someone to death but it's really
    hitting me hard. What brings you to start this thread?
    Brenda from Md
  • Sweetkays
    Sweetkays Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Does this group still exist?
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sweetkays wrote: »
    Does this group still exist?

No... It was active for a while, but participation dwindled, and I got to a point where it didn't make sense for me to continue spending time administrating it. Also, MFP did not have a search tool so that anyone could find us! So no one new was joining. MFP now has a search tool.... Maybe I should have kept up the group.
  • yazzyj123
    yazzyj123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great group to have
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    If the group was restored, I'd gladly join in.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My son was stillborn on December 12th, 2016 at 39 weeks. I'm struggling with not wanting to still look pregnant when I'm not (I've been asked if I'm pregnant and it's awful), and wanting to get to a healthy weight before we try to conceive again. Focusing on weight loss gives me something I have some control over and a goal to work toward, but it's still hard. Grief can be paralyzing some days.
  • MrsCrawford29
    MrsCrawford29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    My son was stillborn on December 12th, 2016 at 39 weeks. I'm struggling with not wanting to still look pregnant when I'm not (I've been asked if I'm pregnant and it's awful), and wanting to get to a healthy weight before we try to conceive again. Focusing on weight loss gives me something I have some control over and a goal to work toward, but it's still hard. Grief can be paralyzing some days.

After 2 years of infertility we finally got pregnant and loss our angel at 4 months. We haven't be able to conceive since and so I have decided to put my health first and wait to see if it will happen on its own. I would love to have a group that understands just how devastating loss can be. Please feel free to add me. I am also on Fitbit if anyone has one and wants to join me on there
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »

After 2 years of infertility we finally got pregnant and loss our angel at 4 months. We haven't be able to conceive since and so I have decided to put my health first and wait to see if it will happen on its own. I would love to have a group that understands just how devastating loss can be. Please feel free to add me. I am also on Fitbit if anyone has one and wants to join me on there

I wanted to click "like" but somehow that doesn't feel right. But I hear you. I don't know how to add people, but if you know how, feel free to add me!