Eating junk food when you have the calories?

Hi! I'm having the worst time losing weight. At first I was doing so well. Almost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks. It was just melting off! And now I've been maintaining for 3 weeks, on the scale and in measurements, even though I've met my calories every day for losing 2 pounds a week and I'm doing the 30DS 5 days a week and 30 min on the elliptical 3-4 days a week. Now maybe I've been giving myself too much leeway? If I'm not hungry and I have calories left I will have a beer or a cookie or something like that some days. I guess this way isn't working but most things I've read seem to agree that as long as you're burning more calories than you're putting in you should lose weight. Has anyone else had this problem? This week I'm committing to absolutely no extra treats no matter what to see if the scale budges at all.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Well, first two questions will be...

1.how's logging accuracy? Are you weighing solid food and only using measuring cups for liquids? Logging in every day consistently?
    2. How are you measuring calorie burns from exercise?

Another helpful thing is to open your food diary. While I think it is important to have a good balanced diet, this can include indulgences as well without ill effects on weight loss. Assuming you are in a calorie deficit. This number varies from person to person. If you aren't logging accurately, things add up quickly that could be figuratively eating up your possible deficit. Another thing is overestimating calorie burns from exercise. MFP ' numbers are largely inflated. I do think it's important to meet your calorie goal, but it's also crucial that you're being consistent. This is a good read as well

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I lost 53 lbs while still incorporating fast food, chips, pizza and ice cream.