Cat needs a fitness pal

Options
You really need to accept him the way he is, and a poster above was correct your behaving like a controlling pet caretaker, Boogie can make his own posts and decisions. Just support his choices and don't be shallow. We all offered advice.... Eat clean foods only avoid starvation mode and log....no need to log everything or weigh the food, I am sure boogie can eyeball it and be way under goal.

Edited to add....fat free and sugar free is a MUST

I hear you. But I cannot feed him fat free diet, cuz that would mean no meat. But sometimes when he eats fruit, it looks like he really needs it, the way he tries to take it from me. I am also afraid that if I support his choices, he would be like one of those overweight cats that look like giant hamsters and can hardly walk.

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Cats Do Control Humans, Study Finds

If you've ever wondered who's in control, you or your cat, a new study points to the obvious. It's your cat.

Household cats exercise this control with a certain type of urgent-sounding, high-pitched meow, according to the findings.

This meow is actually a purr mixed with a high-pitched cry. While people usually think of cat purring as a sign of happiness, some cats make this purr-cry sound when they want to be fed. The study showed that humans find these mixed calls annoying and difficult to ignore.

http://www.livescience.com/5556-cats-control-humans-study-finds.html
  • mslovecats
    mslovecats Posts: 49
    Options
    You really need to accept him the way he is, and a poster above was correct your behaving like a controlling pet caretaker, Boogie can make his own posts and decisions. Just support his choices and don't be shallow. We all offered advice.... Eat clean foods only avoid starvation mode and log....no need to log everything or weigh the food, I am sure boogie can eyeball it and be way under goal.

Edited to add....fat free and sugar free is a MUST

I hear you. But I cannot feed him fat free diet, cuz that would mean no meat. But sometimes when he eats fruit, it looks like he really needs it, the way he tries to take it from me. I am also afraid that if I support his choices, he would be like one of those overweight cats that look like giant hamsters and can hardly walk.