running

Options
So im 158
5'11 and female age 3q
i have been working out for years
Just in the last 2 years i have been lifring.squats .lunges. doing fitness belnders workouts.
My workouts look like this
mwf-cardio run 3 miles on treadmill and walk one
tues.thurs.fri- weightlifting toral body workouts
I have worked out forver but my butt and thighs have cellulite and i cant wear a swim suit because of my saggy fat. I use to be like 263 so i know it will happen but im wondering if runing will help my legs tone up

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    You were 5'10" in your earlier post. Congrats on gaining an inch. :bigsmile:

Heavy lifting is more likely to reverse cellulite than doing more cardio. We're talking heavy, struggling lifting. How much weight do you use on your squats & lunges, and for how many repetitions?
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im 5 10 and a 1/2 ..so donr know how legit that is..lol
    i just do the workouts on fitness blender
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    mwf-cardio run 3 miles on treadmill and walk one
    tues.thurs.fri- weightlifting toral body workouts

Can you clarify, is this bodyweight resistance or actually lifting weights? Sorry, it's not all that clear.
    I have worked out forver but my butt and thighs have cellulite and i cant wear a swim suit because of my saggy fat. I use to be like 263 so i know it will happen but im wondering if runing will help my legs tone up

OK, neither CV nor resistance work will deal with the cellulite per se, however continuing to eat at a deficit and training will help. You either need to up your running to longer, and more challenging sessions or increase your lifting to see any real development of your quads, hamstrings and glutes. As you shed more surplus you'll see the muscle definition coming through, but to see muscle definition from running you need to have a combination of longer runs and shorter, faster runs. You'll get faster results from more focused resistance training as it takes runners a while to develop the muscle from running alone. Most runners do some form of resistance training to improve the muscle anyway.