P90X - equipment?

Options
What kind of equipment do I have to purchase for home to do the P90X workouts?

Replies

• nonnahs413
    nonnahs413 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of resist. bands, some hand weights, a pull up bar (but I never use it, I just use the bands), a yoga mat and if your short like me 5'2" it's helpful to have a couple of yoga blocks. But most of the stuff you will use can be modified if you dont want to go out and buy all that stuff. The main thing is to make sure you have the resist band. You can do all the weight exercises with that. He shows you 3-4 different modifications with each exercise! Good luck and have fun! Take it slow and work at your own pace. Oh and FYI, you dont need to purchase that recovery drink stuff, a nice big glass of chocolate milk works just as well!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of resist. bands, some hand weights, a pull up bar (but I never use it, I just use the bands), a yoga mat and if your short like me 5'2" it's helpful to have a couple of yoga blocks. But most of the stuff you will use can be modified if you dont want to go out and buy all that stuff. The main thing is to make sure you have the resist band. You can do all the weight exercises with that. He shows you 3-4 different modifications with each exercise! Good luck and have fun! Take it slow and work at your own pace. Oh and FYI, you dont need to purchase that recovery drink stuff, a nice big glass of chocolate milk works just as well!

I agree with everything she says here except 1 thing. While yes low fat chocolate milk does provide some of the benefits that the Results and Recovery shake provides it does not provide all of them. Personally on days that have skipped drinking the recovery shake, the next morning I wake up stiff and sore. Chocolate Milk does generally have the same 4 to 1 Carbs to Protein ratio, but it does not have all of the other goodies. Just my 2 cents on that.

Here is a list I have put together of everything you will need to start P90X:
    1. A place to do pull - ups. (I use the iron gym that I bought a ****'s Sporting Goods)
    2. A good Yoga Mat
    3. Dumbbells or Resistance Bands ( I have done 1 round using the resistance bands and 1 round with a set of Power Blocks)
    4. A Heart rate monitor
    5. A Yoga Block
    6. Body Fat Tester
    7. Push Up Stands (so you don't tweak your wrists with all of the push ups you'll be doing, but you can live with out these)

For more information about P90X you can goto my squidoo page @ www.squidoo.com/thechange

Hope this helps,
    Stu