Exercising with not the healthiest of diets

Options
My diet is not the healthiest in the world. I only like to eat most processed foods and I hate most vegetables. I try to eat a little healthier but what I wanna know is will I still see good results by exercising with a diet that isn't that great?

I have changed some things. I started eating whole wheat bread instead of white bread and instead of chocolate I'm eating fruit. I also only drink water

Replies

• Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for? If you are eating at a caloric deficit, you will most likely see weight loss. If you are looking to build muscle, you should see some increases if your program is right. But all of that still doesn't help your body function on cellular levels like a better balanced food intake. Just keep trying to eat "better" and see where it goes.
  • Phill2488
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for? If you are eating at a caloric deficit, you will most likely see weight loss. If you are looking to build muscle, you should see some increases if your program is right. But all of that still doesn't help your body function on cellular levels like a better balanced food intake. Just keep trying to eat "better" and see where it goes.

I'm eating a a caloric deifict. I'm looking to slim down and lose weight. I'm jogging 3-5 times a week and i'm weightlifting 2-3 times a week.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    You can find a lot of discussion about diet, nutrients, and effects on weight loss or health here and around the web. Ideally, we all know we should be eating healthier, but that term can vary from person to person. Exercise and keep food intake moderated. Give it a few months and see what happens. If things aren't moving, try changing a few things like cutting sugars down or such. Then give it a few months. You'll find things that effect you for both the bad and good.
  • Phill2488
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.