body beast for a girl :)

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
i am thinking of doing bod beast as i loved clx ( chalean extreme) and i know this is a whole new level. My main goal is to lose 2% body fat and max 7 lbs. then i will finally be at my goal! Will i still get good results if i don't do a bulk? i have thyroid issues so eating above maintenance is not a great thing for me... i would be doing the lean phase. i also don't have a bench at home and would use resistance bands instead of a pull up bar... thoughts from those that have done it before?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I did one week of it and quit, not because the program was too tough, it just took up way more time than I had available. I was using dumbbells, a stability ball in place of a bench, and a pull-up bar with resistance bands attached to do the modifications for the pull-up exercises.

I didn't have a problem using the dumbbells and a ball - they have someone in the videos using those. I did not feel that I was getting a good back workout with the resistance bands, even wrapping them around the bar several times. The body position just didn't feel right to me and I didn't feel like I was hitting the muscles properly. I got a pull-up assist band recently and that has made a huge difference.

I obviously only did it for a short amount of time, but the program wasn't bad. I did feel it was a bit redundant at times with the numbers of exercises and reps for each exercise, but it is a hypertrophy program after all. Had they eliminated a few of the exercises and cut down on the time, I would have stuck with it.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx. that is my thing is time. i normally and a 30 min program junkie as i really only have 30 min nightly to get it in, i can squeeze 40 some nights. I now the 2nd phase is shorter so i thought if i can make it though the 1st 3 weeks of it i am in the gold,lol

i also will only have resistance bands with a door attachment and i know from x3 it wasn't that great. i know i should invest in some other bands and i bet that would make a huge difference but i hate spending money on something i never end up using, etc...especially if i don't like the program, i am stuck with all these extras...

i just don't know if i will still see great results in lowering my body fat if i am not following the program to a T, not bulking, etc...