Best Breakup Songs

Options

Replies

• MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't think that really counts as a break up though..... just saying....

Sounds like getting dumped,after got what he wanted in the first place..
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    November Rain - GNR
    Dazed And Confused - Led Zeppelin
    End Of The Road - Boyz to Men
    Bringin' On The Heartbreak - Def Leppard
    Tonight The Heartache's On Me - Dixie Chicks
    Don't Speak - No Doubt
  • megsterella
    megsterella Posts: 69
    Options
    What kind of song? Sad songs? Empowering songs? Angry songs? Blame-y songs? Guilty songs? Well, here's a mix of 'em all. Peeps, enjoy.

*CONTROL - POE
    "Surprised you to find that I'm laughing? You thought that you'd find me in tears? / Well you may be king for the moment
    But I am a queen, understand?"

*I'M GOING TO STOP PRETENDING THAT I DIDN'T BREAK YOUR HEART - EELS
    "You see I never thought enough of myself to realize that losing me could mean something like the tears in your eyes."

*GONE AWAY - STRETCH NICKEL
    "Was it only yesterday that we were under blue skies and all the possibilities were in our eyes? Where has it all gone?"

*LOSING MY RELIGION - REM
    "I though that I saw you try, but that was just a dream."

*STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - AQUALUNG
    "I've been watching your world from afar, I've been trying to be where you are, and I've been secretly falling apart, unseen."

*USED TO - CHRIS DAUGHTRY
    "I look around me and I want you to be there, 'cause I miss the things that we shared."

*NIGHT TIME - THE XX
    "Steady walking but bound to trip, should release but just tighten my grip."

*ALIVE - SALIVA
    "I love you, I hate you, I can’t live without you; I just can’t take anymore, this life of solitude."

*ALL LOVE - INGRID MICHAELSON
    "You let me in but then you slam my fingers in the door, I've had enough but I keep asking you to give me more. Oh, it's all love, my stupid love."

*BRUISES - CHAIRLIFT
    "I tried to do headstands for you, but every time I fell on you, yeah, every time I fell."

*CAN'T SMILE WITHOUT YOU - BARRY MANILOW
    "You know I can’t smile without you, I can't laugh and I can't sing, I'm findin' it hard to do anything."

*BREAKING MY HEART - AQUALUNG
    "I thought I knew you; I don't even know myself. I'm losing faith, I'm losing all faith."

*SMOTHER YOU - THE USED
    "When I'm alone time goes so slow, I need you here with me 'cause baby I’m here, baby I’m here."

*THE KILL - 30 SECONDS TO MARS
    "Look in my eyes, you're killing me, killing me; all I wanted was you."

*HEAR ME OUT - FROU FROU
    "I refuse to believe that it's only me feeling; just hear me out: I'm not over you yet."

*FOREVER FOR YOU - HALL & OATES
    "Does anyone know what love can cost? To take you so high, then leave you lost?"

*SAMSON - REGINA SPEKTOR
    "You are my sweetest downfall. Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down, yeah we couldn't destroy a single one, and history books forgot about us."

*I FOUND OUT - THE PIDGEON DETECTIVES
    "You would not believe the state I'm in, I can't stand that I'm just not fit for you."

*ASHES AND WINE - A FINE FRENZY
    "Is there a chance, a fragment of light, at the end of the tunnel, a reason to fight? Is there a chance you may change your mind, or are we just ashes and wine?"

*NICEST THING - KATE NASH
    "I wish I was your favorite girl, I wish you thought I was the reason you are in the world. Basically, I wish you just loved me."

*DISSAPOINTED - FACE TO FACE
    "I put my trust in what you had to say, it didn’t make a difference anyway. I’ve listened to your explanations why, the more you fail, the harder that I try."

*TRUE LOVE WAITS - RADIOHEAD
    "I'm not living, I'm just killing time. Your tiny hands, your crazy kitten smile. Just don't leave. Don't leave."

*BETTER THAN ME - HINDER
    "I told myself I won't miss you but I remember what it feels like beside you."

*LET IT DIE - THREE DAYS GRACE
    "In the beginning you blamed me but It's not fair when you say that I didn't try, I swear I never meant to let it die. I just don't care about you anymore."

*BREAK YOUR HEART - BARENAKED LADIES
    "I couldn't tell you I was happy when you were gone, so I lied and said that I missed you when we were apart. I couldn't tell you, so I had to lead you on, but I didn't mean to break your heart."

*IN ANOTHER LIFE - THE VERONICAS
    "I wished that I could save you from the hurt but things will never go back to how we were. I'm sorry I can't be your world."

*LITTLE LION MAN - MUMFORD AND SONS
    "But it was not your fault but mine, and it was your heart on the line, I really f-cked it up this time, didn't I, my dear?"

*GHOULS - WE ARE SCIENTISTS
    "I can't help but feel attacked”, well, what's that supposed to mean? I know I won't relax or act like it's no big deal. This happens all the time; it's kind of our routine, but we all recognise that I'm the problem here."

*COLD HANDS (WARM HEART) - BRENDON BENSON
    "You're too quiet, I'm too loud, now we've rid a storm cloud. I'll see you on the other side. Old habits, young ways, maybe we're just a phase, but we can say we really tried."

*BLACK DAHLIA – HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD
    "I wish I could I could have quit you, I wish I never missed you."

*MONKEY WRENCH - FOO FIGHTERS
    "I'd rather leave than suffer this, I'll never be your monkey wrench."

*MISUNDERSTOOD - BON JOVI
    "I'm wasting time when I think about it. I stumbled like my words, but did the best I could."

*WHICH TO BURY; US OR THE HATCHET - RELIENT K
    "And even though I'm angry I can still say I know my heart will break the day when you peel out and drive away. I can't believe this happened."

*SCREAM - KILL HANNAH
    "I carved your name into my arm so I would remember you. Sometimes it hurts so bad I don't know what to say, so now I scream and hope it's a dream."

*HURT ME - VMOB
    "F-ck you, I should've known better than to trust you, and we can never be together cause you hurt me!"

*KING OF THE WORLD - PORCELAIN AND THE TRAMPS [female vocal]
    "What goes around comes around , you should've known what I was all about. Do not test me 'cause I'm the f-cking king of the world;
    get on your knees, do as I please."

*END OF HEARTACHE - KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
    "This distance, this dissolution, I cling to memories while falling. Sleep brings release, and the hope of a new day."

*BUBBLEGUM B-TCH - MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS
    "I’m the girl you’d die for. I’ll chew you up and I’ll spit you out, 'cause that’s what young love is all about. So pull me closer, and kiss me hard, I’m gonna pop your bubblegum heart."

*DON'T HURT THE ONES YOU LOVE - TOSE PROESKI
    "But here we are, baby you and I, even if we turned the time around we'd make same mistakes some way, some how, and end up where we are right now."

*HAPPY ENDING - MIKA
    "If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well; a little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell."

*RISE ABOVE THIS - SEETHER
    "I'm fallin' down, but I'll rise above this, rise above this."

*LIAR - 8MM
    "No, I don't miss you anymore. Yeah, I'm a liar."

*STUPID - SARAH MCLACHLAN
    "How stupid could I be, a simpleton could see that you're no good for me, but you're the only one I see."

*HAVE A NICE LIFE - DANA DAWSON
    "'Cause you always make me feel bad and we fight like crazy. This is not what it's all about, you and me, we ain't workin' it out."

*THE SINGLE LIFE - SARINA PARIS
    "Freedom's all around, dancing as we paint the town, friends they do surround, we are single, yeah. It's so great to be answering to nobody."

oh my gosh, i'll stop now. i'm so sorry. it's totally your fault, though. i can't help myself when it comes to stuff like this. i'm addicted to making themed playlists. i need a support group or something.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    ^Holy sh1t
  • megsterella
    megsterella Posts: 69
    Options
    Okay, one more. This song is EPIC, though.

**COIN-OPERATED BOY - THE DRESDEN DOLLS

Coin operated boy
    Sitting on the shelf, he is just a toy
    But I turn him on and he comes to life
    Automatic joy
    That is why I want a coin operated boy

Made of plastic and elastic
    He is rugged and long-lasting
    Who could ever ever ask for more
    Love without complications galore
    Many shapes and weights to choose from
    I will never leave my bedroom
    I will never cry at night again
    Wrap my arms around him and pretend....
    /
    And if I had a star to wish on
    For my life I cant imagine
    Any flesh and blood could be his match
    I can even take him in the bath

Coin operated boy
    He may not be real experienced with girls
    But I know he feels like a boy should feel
    Isn't that the point that is why I want a
    Coin operated boy
    With his pretty coin operated voice
    Saying that he loves me that hes thinking of me
    Straight and to the point
    That is why I want
    A coin operated boy.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What kind of song? Sad songs? Empowering songs? Angry songs? Blame-y songs? Guilty songs? Well, here's a mix of 'em all. Peeps, enjoy.

*CONTROL - POE
    "Surprised you to find that I'm laughing? You thought that you'd find me in tears? / Well you may be king for the moment
    But I am a queen, understand?"

*I'M GOING TO STOP PRETENDING THAT I DIDN'T BREAK YOUR HEART - EELS
    "You see I never thought enough of myself to realize that losing me could mean something like the tears in your eyes."

*GONE AWAY - STRETCH NICKEL
    "Was it only yesterday that we were under blue skies and all the possibilities were in our eyes? Where has it all gone?"

*LOSING MY RELIGION - REM
    "I though that I saw you try, but that was just a dream."

*STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL - AQUALUNG
    "I've been watching your world from afar, I've been trying to be where you are, and I've been secretly falling apart, unseen."

*USED TO - CHRIS DAUGHTRY
    "I look around me and I want you to be there, 'cause I miss the things that we shared."

*NIGHT TIME - THE XX
    "Steady walking but bound to trip, should release but just tighten my grip."

*ALIVE - SALIVA
    "I love you, I hate you, I can’t live without you; I just can’t take anymore, this life of solitude."

*ALL LOVE - INGRID MICHAELSON
    "You let me in but then you slam my fingers in the door, I've had enough but I keep asking you to give me more. Oh, it's all love, my stupid love."

*BRUISES - CHAIRLIFT
    "I tried to do headstands for you, but every time I fell on you, yeah, every time I fell."

*CAN'T SMILE WITHOUT YOU - BARRY MANILOW
    "You know I can’t smile without you, I can't laugh and I can't sing, I'm findin' it hard to do anything."

*BREAKING MY HEART - AQUALUNG
    "I thought I knew you; I don't even know myself. I'm losing faith, I'm losing all faith."

*SMOTHER YOU - THE USED
    "When I'm alone time goes so slow, I need you here with me 'cause baby I’m here, baby I’m here."

*THE KILL - 30 SECONDS TO MARS
    "Look in my eyes, you're killing me, killing me; all I wanted was you."

*HEAR ME OUT - FROU FROU
    "I refuse to believe that it's only me feeling; just hear me out: I'm not over you yet."

*FOREVER FOR YOU - HALL & OATES
    "Does anyone know what love can cost? To take you so high, then leave you lost?"

*SAMSON - REGINA SPEKTOR
    "You are my sweetest downfall. Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down, yeah we couldn't destroy a single one, and history books forgot about us."

*I FOUND OUT - THE PIDGEON DETECTIVES
    "You would not believe the state I'm in, I can't stand that I'm just not fit for you."

*ASHES AND WINE - A FINE FRENZY
    "Is there a chance, a fragment of light, at the end of the tunnel, a reason to fight? Is there a chance you may change your mind, or are we just ashes and wine?"

*NICEST THING - KATE NASH
    "I wish I was your favorite girl, I wish you thought I was the reason you are in the world. Basically, I wish you just loved me."

*DISSAPOINTED - FACE TO FACE
    "I put my trust in what you had to say, it didn’t make a difference anyway. I’ve listened to your explanations why, the more you fail, the harder that I try."

*TRUE LOVE WAITS - RADIOHEAD
    "I'm not living, I'm just killing time. Your tiny hands, your crazy kitten smile. Just don't leave. Don't leave."

*BETTER THAN ME - HINDER
    "I told myself I won't miss you but I remember what it feels like beside you."

*LET IT DIE - THREE DAYS GRACE
    "In the beginning you blamed me but It's not fair when you say that I didn't try, I swear I never meant to let it die. I just don't care about you anymore."

*BREAK YOUR HEART - BARENAKED LADIES
    "I couldn't tell you I was happy when you were gone, so I lied and said that I missed you when we were apart. I couldn't tell you, so I had to lead you on, but I didn't mean to break your heart."

*IN ANOTHER LIFE - THE VERONICAS
    "I wished that I could save you from the hurt but things will never go back to how we were. I'm sorry I can't be your world."

*LITTLE LION MAN - MUMFORD AND SONS
    "But it was not your fault but mine, and it was your heart on the line, I really f-cked it up this time, didn't I, my dear?"

*GHOULS - WE ARE SCIENTISTS
    "I can't help but feel attacked”, well, what's that supposed to mean? I know I won't relax or act like it's no big deal. This happens all the time; it's kind of our routine, but we all recognise that I'm the problem here."

*COLD HANDS (WARM HEART) - BRENDON BENSON
    "You're too quiet, I'm too loud, now we've rid a storm cloud. I'll see you on the other side. Old habits, young ways, maybe we're just a phase, but we can say we really tried."

*BLACK DAHLIA – HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD
    "I wish I could I could have quit you, I wish I never missed you."

*MONKEY WRENCH - FOO FIGHTERS
    "I'd rather leave than suffer this, I'll never be your monkey wrench."

*MISUNDERSTOOD - BON JOVI
    "I'm wasting time when I think about it. I stumbled like my words, but did the best I could."

*WHICH TO BURY; US OR THE HATCHET - RELIENT K
    "And even though I'm angry I can still say I know my heart will break the day when you peel out and drive away. I can't believe this happened."

*SCREAM - KILL HANNAH
    "I carved your name into my arm so I would remember you. Sometimes it hurts so bad I don't know what to say, so now I scream and hope it's a dream."

*HURT ME - VMOB
    "F-ck you, I should've known better than to trust you, and we can never be together cause you hurt me!"

*KING OF THE WORLD - PORCELAIN AND THE TRAMPS [female vocal]
    "What goes around comes around , you should've known what I was all about. Do not test me 'cause I'm the f-cking king of the world;
    get on your knees, do as I please."

*END OF HEARTACHE - KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
    "This distance, this dissolution, I cling to memories while falling. Sleep brings release, and the hope of a new day."

*BUBBLEGUM B-TCH - MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS
    "I’m the girl you’d die for. I’ll chew you up and I’ll spit you out, 'cause that’s what young love is all about. So pull me closer, and kiss me hard, I’m gonna pop your bubblegum heart."

*DON'T HURT THE ONES YOU LOVE - TOSE PROESKI
    "But here we are, baby you and I, even if we turned the time around we'd make same mistakes some way, some how, and end up where we are right now."

*HAPPY ENDING - MIKA
    "If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well; a little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell."

*RISE ABOVE THIS - SEETHER
    "I'm fallin' down, but I'll rise above this, rise above this."

*LIAR - 8MM
    "No, I don't miss you anymore. Yeah, I'm a liar."

*STUPID - SARAH MCLACHLAN
    "How stupid could I be, a simpleton could see that you're no good for me, but you're the only one I see."

*HAVE A NICE LIFE - DANA DAWSON
    "'Cause you always make me feel bad and we fight like crazy. This is not what it's all about, you and me, we ain't workin' it out."

*THE SINGLE LIFE - SARINA PARIS
    "Freedom's all around, dancing as we paint the town, friends they do surround, we are single, yeah. It's so great to be answering to nobody."

oh my gosh, i'll stop now. i'm so sorry. it's totally your fault, though. i can't help myself when it comes to stuff like this. i'm addicted to making themed playlists. i need a support group or something.

WOW!!! Encore from me!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This love - Pantera
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    Rise Above This (Seether) is fantastic ^^^ i agree!!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    how's this one?.....for the married, cheaters etc etc - BEWARE of explicit lyrics!!!

Why d'ya do it? by Marianne Faithfull

When I stole a twig from our little nest
    And gave it to a bird with nothing in her beak,
    I had my balls and my brains put into a vice
    And twisted around for a whole fuvking week
    Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you let that trash
    Get a hold of your c@ck, get stoned on my hash?

Why'd ya do it she said, why'd you let her suck your c@ck?
    Oh, do me a favor, don't put me in the dark
    Why'd ya do it, she said, they're mine all your jewels,
    You just tied me to the mast of the ship of fools

Why'd ya do it, she said, when you know it makes me sore,
    Cause she had cobwebs up her fanny and I believe in giving to the poor
    Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you spit on my snatch?
    Are we out of love now, is this just a bad patch?

Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you do what you did?
    You drove my ego to a really bad skid.

Why'd you do it, she said, ain't nothing to laugh,

You just tore all our kisses right in half!

Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd ya do what you did,
    Betray my little oyster for such a low b*tch

Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you do what you did?
    You drove my ego to a really bad skid

Why'd ya do it, she screamed, after all we've said
    Every time I see your d$ck I see her c#nt in my bed

The whole room was swirling,
    Her lips were still curling.

Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you do what you did
    Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you do what you did
    Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd ya do it, she said,
    Why'd you do what you did?

Oh, big grey mother, I love you forever
    With your barbed wire p#ssy and your good and bad weather
    Why'd ya do it, she said, why'd you do what you did...

Ah, I feel better now
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hate - Plain White T's

Lemon Tree - Peter, Paul, and Mary

I F..king Hate You - Godsmack

I Hope You Die - Bloodhound Gang

Never There - Cake

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye - Luke Bryan

You'll Think of Me - Keith Urban

Movin' On - Missouri

I've Done Everything For You - Rick Springfield

Time For Me to Fly - REO Speedwagon

Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

All She Wrote - Firehouse

Over You - Daughtry
  • Alastair007
    Alastair007 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? / That's alright because I like the way it hurts / Just gonna stand there and hear me cry? That's alright because I love the way you lie."
  • 8lackie
    8lackie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye -Ray Stevens
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nilson -- You're Breking My Heart

"You're breaking my heart,
    You're tearing it apart,
    So *kitten* You."
  • SugarBaby71