Dry roasted peanuts

Anyone snack on them?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    I used to. Then I figured entire cans would last just a couple days at home. We broke up.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    I snack on nuts but I think it's a mistake for me. It's appropriate for someone who is fit/lean but for someone who is overweight or obese, nuts are too calorie dense in tiny portions.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    I snack on Almonds. I have to get the 100 calorie packs. When I buy the whole can and try to split them up it doesn't work. I eat it ALL
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Sure! I actually enjoy a nut blend which includes peanuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, and macadamia. It's the Planets "Nut-rition" blend. The nutritional specs are pretty good as long as you enjoy them in moderation. One trick that can help is to pre-divide the package into servings to simplify portion control. :)
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    I do. I measure them out into 1/4 cup portions and put them in snack size sandwich bags which make them easy to take with me.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    I snack on nuts but I think it's a mistake for me. It's appropriate for someone who is fit/lean but for someone who is overweight or obese, nuts are too calorie dense in tiny portions.

This confuses me as folks with higher weight would generally have more of a daily calorie target
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    I buy them raw and pop them in the oven and I go in at them....do I portion? No I donot. I eat them once or twice a week and when I do I enjoy it and I don't worry about the fat or calories (that's just me personally)
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    they are one of my go to snacks. good fat and some protein and relatively low in carbs.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    I do. I measure them out into 1/4 cup portions and put them in snack size sandwich bags which make them easy to take with me.

careful with that. Scale is the best means of measuring nuts. Measuring cups are meant to measure liquids and the difference with nuts when using a scale and a measuring cup is staggering. sometimes its double the serving size.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    1 pound of nuts a day = 1 pound a week lost

The chemical structure of the poly fats inhibit the conversion and breakdown into body fat so eat as many as you can.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93

careful with that. Scale is the best means of measuring nuts. Measuring cups are meant to measure liquids and the difference with nuts when using a scale and a measuring cup is staggering. sometimes its double the serving size.

For instance, I just measured out 1/2 cup of nuts using a measuring cup. which should be 56grams.

I put that amount on the scale and its 73 grams....
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    I love nuts, usually as part of a trail mix or meal, or at least with some fruit, to fill myself up without too many calories.
  • jcallejabjj
    jcallejabjj Posts: 33
    Everyday.

But I prefer raw and mixed with dried fruits.
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    I make homemade peanut butter out of them. You throw a can of them into the food processor for 3-4 min and it magically turns into pb. You don't add anything to it. It forms a paste then pb. I also use honey roasted pb. You could add dark choc chips to it too!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Love them. But, you know what they say about too much of a good thing!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I enjoy them on a regular basis--but I definitely second using the food scale. Two of my favorite ways to enjoy them:

1. One serving of dry roasted peanuts with a Fuji apple.

2. One serving of fresh blueberries topped with one container of light lemon-flavored Greek yogurt and one serving of chopped dry roasted peanuts. Makes a very satisfying breakfast or light dinner (especially if I've overdone it on the calories earlier in the day). Tastes like dessert!