New mom...have a lot of weight to lose

Options
It is so hard with a young baby...I am trying to lost 15 pounds of baby weight and then another 15 that I was stuck with for a few years before having her. I am finding that breastfeeding plus no sleep is making me very hungry all the time too!

Replies

• JasonKnight85
    JasonKnight85 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on your baby!

My younger sister recently had her first child and is breastfeeding, she is also a vegetarian so protein can be a concern for her (which also makes her tired and constantly hungry)... what really helps her she says is choosing healthier snacking options, i.e. carrying around a baggy of baby carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, unsalted nuts, and dried fruit like cranberries and apples and eating peanut butter.

I also suggested to her drinking water with fresh or concentrated lemon juice in it, because it helps me curb my appetite and provides a little energy boost... she reports similar success with it as well.

She also says she was having trouble producing milk at one time and the Dr. told her to try adding more beans and green veggies to her diet so now she eats a spinach and black bean salad with tomatoes, corn, red onion, squeezed lime, and mango chunks for lunch and that has helped, she says.

She can't think of anything else right now, but hopefully some of this helps. Thanks!
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Congrats on your bundle!!!! Breastfeeding will help a lot. I dropped all my pregnancy weight plus an extra 15 from breastfeeding and my daughter is just 6 months. The weight loss has stopped (which is due to my bad diet) which is why I'm here. Congrats again and welcome:)