Looking for some support!

Options
Hey everyone! I am new to MFP and am loving it already! Seeing everyones posts motivates me to do more but I would really like some more friends to help out! I have always tried low carb diets but now I just want to eat heathly for the rest of my life instead of yo yo dieting. Watching calories is so much easier than I thought with all the low cal snack packs that they have out now. If anyone has any tips that might be helpful to my work outs or eating habits I'm all ears! Thanks!!

TRISH :)

Replies

• Sarah31210
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! it is a fantastic website lots of support =) please feel free to add me and we can support eachother! =)
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place if your looking for support!! Welcome.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you have found a very incredible community here :) the tools provided on this site have definitely changed my life....good luck with your journey!
  • iavue
    iavue Posts: 63
    Options
    You know it funny how counting calroies is not hard at all but the fact that we are too lazy to keep track of them is the main excuse as to why we don't do it. I know for me laziness is the cause of all the pain.

Planning what your are going to eat 2 out of 3 meals also helps too, it gives you a picture of what your day looks like. Like today I have already logged in breakfast, lunch and snacks, knowing that I still have 700 calories to eat before the day ends...I am actally scramling to think of good things to feel those calories.

Also I've heard from someone before about alternating your meals, for instance having something that you would morning have for lunch for breakfast, and have breakfast for dinner, it's a lighter meal.

Good luck to us!!!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Those low cal packs of snacks help me a lot in the car. I'm a temp. traveling nurse this fall, and eating while in the car is a challenge. Fast food drove my weight up last year and this year has to be the end of that! I go for the high protein things like trail mix and read packaging. Packing fresh fruit helps tons! Plenty of times pineapple has saved me from eating fast food, but I was satisfied and stayed on track.

Persistance!
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    This is a one stop shop for all of the great healthy food tips and dieting it works amazingly it onestly does. I have lost 9 pounds in two weeks and can not believe how easy it has been and all the support from all my great friends is awesome and very motivating friend request is on the way good luck in all ur weight loss goals were all here to help SMILES
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    If you are planning on eating healthy for the rest of your life, I recommend making small changes that you know that you can stick with forever. Every poor eating habit that you change to a healthy one adds up over time. That is what I have done this last year. I don't do anything that I know I won't be able to stick with for the rest of my life. I can't do "diets" or set programs, they cause me to want to rebel. I've lost 77 lbs. over the last year.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Happy to have you as a friend :)

Just watch those 100cal snacks... Some of them are loaded with sodium and sugar that your body doesn't need. Sure they are low cal, but they probably aren't the best use of your calories. Keeping fruits, nuts and low-fat dairy handy when you get hungry is a great way to get a low-cal healthy snack in without all the additives. Just make sure you're reading the packs and you know what you're putting into your body! Quality calories will help sustained weight loss and muscle growth.

Good luck!