The Office Feeder!

Louise12
Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I cam accross this article ..i think its clever but funny and sometimes true! as i work in an office...let me know your thoughts office workers!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1299454/Beware-office-feeder-They-tempt-sweets-treats-tuck--to.html

Replies

• ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Great article! I work at a school and parents are always putting food in the workroom (which is of course right outside my office). Then if there is food left over from a function, it's in the work room too. Oh, and the copier is in there too. I've been pretty good, only occasionally taking something. :blushing: It's difficult.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    I tell you I use to be the office garbage disposal. Now I'm currently unemployed but I vow those days are gone.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Interesting - I'm sure all the motives are different, some good, some not so good. I guess I'm outspoken enough that if someone tried to push food on me, I would just tell them no. If they persisted, I would probably have to get a little meaner about my response. I've been around people off and on over the years who bring in sweets; some people just love to bake! Honestly, no one can MAKE you eat anything that you don't want to eat. I know it's hard when it's your favorite thing so at some point, you just have to have a sit down with the person and tell them exactly how you feel. If you're strong once or twice, they should get the message. A last resort would be to go to your manager - anyone who makes you uncomfortable falls under the legal definition of harrassment.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    It is definetly a case of will power..haha i post this after eating the office biscuits today! lol!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    As a friend of mine is fond of saying, it isn't willpower, it's WON'T power :wink: I don't work in an office, but people are fond of bringing me some of their baked goodies.

First I decide if they are good enough to waste calories on, so only the best survive the first cut. Then I weigh off a portion of whatever it is, enjoy that and throw the rest in the freezer.

Right now I have a freezer full of brownies (my favorite) LOL!!!
  • In our staffroom,at this very moment, is a huge box of mini packs of Oreos, a gift from a grateful client. Why couldn't they have sent fruit instead?:grumble: Even mini Oreos are 52 calories, a pack of 4 would be almost a meal for me.

I am tempted but I won't give in, I have fruit in my bag and I am avoiding the staffroom until someone has either eaten them all or hidden them away!!!:bigsmile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    We have stuff in our office all the time. When someone asks me to have some either I do it because I really want to (and fit it in to my calories for the day) or I say no thank you. If they push me, I'll kick their *kitten*. :bigsmile: No one can force you to have anything.
This discussion has been closed.