Hey!! Irish man not eating full irish breakfast

Hows it going?, great app is helping me alot .Started at 18.5 and now 17.3 stone target is 13-13.5 is this achievable or am i setting it to high?

Replies

• granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Hows it going?, great app is helping me alot .Started at 18.5 and now 17.3 stone target is 13-13.5 is this achievable or am i setting it to high?

Maith and fear. Good start, is 13 stone achievable? What's your height?
    My downfall is weekends, I dont log my food, eat rubbish after a few glasses of wine and take little to no exercise on Sat or Sunday so am going nowhere fast.
    The initial weight loss is probably the easiest, you may have to make more changes to diet or exercise to get to your target.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Welcome.
    Impossible question to answer without knowing your stats (height being the most important, but also age, body fat %).
  • colly1200
    colly1200 Posts: 4

Maith and fear. Good start, is 13 stone achievable? What's your height?
    My downfall is weekends, I dont log my food, eat rubbish after a few glasses of wine and take little to no exercise on Sat or Sunday so am going nowhere fast.
    The initial weight loss is probably the easiest, you may have to make more changes to diet or exercise to get to your target.
  • colly1200
    Thats exactly were i slip up as well is having a few to many pints etc , decided to limit drinking to 1 night a week and eliminated cider from that supply completely ,on the app am set to take 1560 cal per day and usually leave about 300-400 left to spare by the time i go to bed. Am 5ft 9 inches and 33 years of age my only exercise is the 20 min walk from bus stop to work in total 40 mins a day . The problem is my line of work basically confined to a pc all day needed to do something before it gets totally out of hand.
  • cthuIu
    cthuIu Posts: 2
    I would say that you're not taking in enough calories if you are around the 1200 mark - at this level you start to go into starvation mode which will make the weight fall off but then you'll start gaining fat from everything you eat. If the app says 1560 I would eat just below or above that mark, leaving calories as a buffer is not a great idea.

Your target is achievable but it may take a while to reach - don't be discouraged if the weight loss plateaus, just keep pushing. Try to add additional exercise into your lifestyle - jog rather than walk or cycle rather than bus and this will help.

Edit: Alcohol is the enemy of weight loss, it drops your inhibitions and makes it much more likely that you will stuff your face!
  • colly1200
    I would say that you're not taking in enough calories if you are around the 1200 mark - at this level you start to go into starvation mode which will make the weight fall off but then you'll start gaining fat from everything you eat. If the app says 1560 I would eat just below or above that mark, leaving calories as a buffer is not a great idea.

Your target is achievable but it may take a while to reach - don't be discouraged if the weight loss plateaus, just keep pushing. Try to add additional exercise into your lifestyle - jog rather than walk or cycle rather than bus and this will help.

Edit: Alcohol is the enemy of weight loss, it drops your inhibitions and makes it much more likely that you will stuff your face!

Thanks for the advice cthulu, it seems to be going of so far but yeah there gonna be times were nothing happens at all so just have to stick at i guess. Think i will get a mountain bike soon when whether picks up am not one for gyms to be honest.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Thats exactly were i slip up as well is having a few to many pints etc , decided to limit drinking to 1 night a week and eliminated cider from that supply completely ,on the app am set to take 1560 cal per day and usually leave about 300-400 left to spare by the time i go to bed. Am 5ft 9 inches and 33 years of age my only exercise is the 20 min walk from bus stop to work in total 40 mins a day . The problem is my line of work basically confined to a pc all day needed to do something before it gets totally out of hand.
    The idea is to hit your goal not under-cut it.
    Don't try and lose weight too quickly - it's not a race!
    As you get closer to goal weight your deficit should also reduce or you will increase your chances of losing too much lean mass.

13 stone at 5'9" is very achievable, I'm same height and 11st10. Don't be afraid to pause your weight loss while you consider if that's where you want to be or not, my initial goal was 12st7 but after maintaining there for a while I decided to drop a little more.