free downloads ?

Options
Ok i know i might sound " cheap " but i don't want to pay for downloading any songs on my i pod. I don't know i don't see myself paying for something i will listen to few times and get tired of it ... and can't afford it now..

So.. any suggestions for downloads for free ?

Especially looking for some type of

Zumba- stuff
and i have noticed that the music from india.. i don't know how to call it - ( the ones who watch " outsourced " might now what i mean- that type of rhytm gets me moving ..

but also anything fast etc..

please - i need something to get me moving faster .. thx

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Limewire is good.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If you go to free sites there are several issues; #1, copyright/theft; #2, you are likely to get a virus. Then you may spread the virus to your friends and family, wreck your computer, and subject yourself to I.D. theft.

I was talking to a young man at work. I asked which site is best for music, Yahoo or iTunes? He said neither. He gets his music from some free site (not named). I said that site is loaded with viruses. He said so what, I can just wipe the hard drive. I said okay what about the viruses you send to your family and friends!? He was a deer in headlights.
  • wyldecane
    Options
    Try your local library, you should be able to check out music cds.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Limewire is good, but it comes with alot of viruses,, I would stay far from limewire.

You can download the music from Youtube, go to google and see if you can find the instructions, my husband knows how, but he is in a meeting, so I couldnt ask for you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have software from dvdvideosoft that converts youtube videos to mp3s. It did install a toolbar in my browser but no viruses or anything. The only problem is the sound quality can be off depending on how the video was set up on Youtube.

For Indian 'dancehall' type music...I love Midival Punditz and Punjabi MC, try searching them in iTunes and see what else it recommends, I also really get jazzed up from that kind of music. Love it!

ETA there's also an Israeli DJ called Soulico that has similar type music.