Lap- Banded

Options
I am a newbie here and I wanted to introduce myself, I am Michelle and I a hoping to make lots of new friends here.
I had the lap- band surgery about a month ago and have already lost 28lbs. Banding is certainly not a quick fix, but it is a tool to help on the weight loss journey. It's tough, my love affair with food is over. It has been quite the journey getting banded.
Let me know, if you have been banded and hopefully I can help those of you considering it.
Kind regards
Michelle

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle!

I think you'll find lots of support here. Making the change with our without tools like the lap-band is tough!

Keep up the good work!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I had the RNY surgery last December and completely understand when you say surgery is a tool. It's not the easy way out some people think it is.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to send me a friend request, I was banded in January of 2008.

Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck on your journey.
  • PuppyBandit
    Options
    Hi, I was banded October 7, 2010, only 13 pounds lost so far, but it's not supposed to be a fast loss, just slow and steady loss :)
    I'm still having pain beside my navel from the surgery, it's hindering my exercise, hope it gets better soon, I'm anxious to start working out lol

Good luck !