Welp big step #4

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
First step was starting to exercise
Second step was weighing myself.
Third step was starting eating right/better.
Fourth step was measuring my waist and it was just as bad as I thought.

I'm 6.0" and my waist is 60 inches. Uhg!!! I'm 6x5. Holy cow. However I love stats and I love starting points. So at least I'm facing up to reality. Now it will really be cool to watch that go down.

Replies

• mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Baby steps are awesome! Keep it up!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the accountability. That is after what you are doing, by posting it here. Keep up the good work. If you don't mind me asking, are you following an exercise and eating plan? If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

All the best,
    Stu
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the accountability. That is after what you are doing, by posting it here. Keep up the good work. If you don't mind me asking, are you following an exercise and eating plan? If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

All the best,
    Stu

I just try to balance my exercise. I work out with weights 2-3 times a week and walk/hike 2-3 times a week. Just really enjoy getting out in the open. My eating is pretty much based on nutrition and what I enjoy that isn't super fattening. I've had to give up chocolate milk and peanutbutter. I just love chocolate milk. I've started looking at calories in what I eat. I was just amazed how many calories are in some foods. Even those foods you wouldn't think of as calorie rich. I've managed to stay under my daily calorie allowance since joining MFP about 9 days ago and that is before counting the cardio.

I hiked 5.5 miles today and tomorrow the focus is on weights. However, I'm sure I will do some cardio too.

What I have learned in just 9 days:
    Anything you fix at home is 1/2 the calories of what you eat out.
    If you eat breakfast your chances of binge eating are greatly reduced.
    Know what you are eating!
    Support trumps everything with the possible exception of individual responsibility.

On the advice part I could use any exercise advice that would pertain to golf.

Of course any thoughts or advice are welcome.

Thanks!

Soze