HELP!!

Options
Hi! I'm new to this. I'm 30, weigh 139lbs and work out 4-5 times week. I would love to loose half a stone to really tighen up but can't seem to shift it!! I've been told I eat too little so according to Myfitnesspal I get to eat more when I work out! Sounds good to me! But I'm so used to not eating after tea time, I don't really know what to eat!! I need protein so what does anyone suggest for after dinner treat...obviously not chocolate...unfortunately!! Yogurt and fruit??

Replies

• josh6603
    Options
    Look into protein supplements. BSN makes a product called Syntha-6. The Vanilla Ice Cream flavor is fantastic! 200 calories, 22 grams of protein.
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you need protein...what about Nuts as a snack?
  • kitmar12321
    Options
    Ohhh, I have good news for you! -- You most certianly CAN have chocolate, and should if it's one of your favorite snacks! -- Once you start depriving yourself the things you REALLY love, you start the inner voice in your head to guide you towards giving up on the whole diet plan! -- I was told 2 Dove Dark Chocolate squares are the perfect sized portions to quench your love of chocolate for a total of only 100 calories. Add a few nuts, a scoop of peanut butter, or a fat free yogurt to go along with those 2 Dove squares and you'll have your protien AND you favorite desire ~ Chocolate!!

Best of luck ~
    Kitmar12321
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nuts are always a good option, and depending on if you are going for a snack, or if there is a full meal missing - eggs are a great way to get some protien - omelette, scrambled, hard/soft boiled (I am trying to avoid the fried ones just cause, well...they are fried.) toss some veggies in if you like and make it a frittata!

...and kitmar has a VERY valid point. If you love the chocolate, and it does not actively harm you, in small amounts it is an awesome reward and will help keep you motivated to not give up! (Another X minutes of this exercise and I can have <insert tasty tasty food here!>)

Woo!

Hopefully the shift in eating et cetera helps in your goals!
  • tashie1990
    tashie1990 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I have good news for you! -- You most certianly CAN have chocolate, and should if it's one of your favorite snacks! -- Once you start depriving yourself the things you REALLY love, you start the inner voice in your head to guide you towards giving up on the whole diet plan! -- I was told 2 Dove Dark Chocolate squares are the perfect sized portions to quench your love of chocolate for a total of only 100 calories. Add a few nuts, a scoop of peanut butter, or a fat free yogurt to go along with those 2 Dove squares and you'll have your protien AND you favorite desire ~ Chocolate!!

Best of luck ~
    Kitmar12321

Love this post hehe... Im on ur side kitmar!!
  • AnneRuddy
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks guys, I didnt expect that big of a response!!
    I am liking the idea of yogurt, fruit and nuts as a wee snack after dinner. I LOOOOVE NUTS!!! We are what we eat!!
    Josh, thanks for your response. I take Reflex Instant Whey protein shake after each workout and there is about 20 grams of protein in it. I'll maybe look into the one you recommended too for an added boost though. Maybe it will help with the pain too!! I'm so sore today! But no pain no gain!!
    Chocolate sounds good too Kitmar, thanks, I might just try that!!
    Thanks again guys!!