Cardio vs strength training

2»

Replies

• carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    I only started exercise in my 3 rd month, before, its was only diet 0 lbs gone as of Feb 1, 2010
    I then did only cardio, the tread mill for 4 months.......... 74 lbs gone as of July 27, 2010
    I do 40 mins of weight training equipment, 60 - 90 mins of cardio. 108 lbs gone as of Oct 21, 2010

Im older , 55, yet I had to start somewhere, esp with exercise induced asthma......Just be patient. Hey, know something?

For me, and again, this applied to me., I just kept moving in the beginning, then around May, I just started walking, weather was nice, did yard work, and started at 10 mins on the tread mill at 1.0, ugh.......

Wow, That's awesome!

At the gym today, 3.6 at an incline of 5.0., and I did that for 70 minutes after I did about 40 mins of weight machines and then 30 more mins on the bike ....and Im 55 with exercise induced asthma..........I didnt have any plan, just kept moving and kept my cardio going, as my ultimate goal is to get off of blood pressure meds, which Im now on a lower dosage , and come Christmas, Ill be taken off completely.........

Just keep moving, baby steps really do add up............Lloyd
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    A pound is a pound- its like that old joke- which weigh's more- a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers- they weigh the same- they're both a ton.

But muscle is denser so if you saw a pound of muscle directly next to a pound of fat, there would be more fat in terms of volume.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I think GorillaNJ has a copy of the TNT. You may find some info on Spartacus (sp?) too. Do the HIIT no more than 3 x per week.
    Yes I do... I lost a good amount of weight with TNT a couple of years ago. This time I am trying New Rules of Lifting instead.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    For me, changing it up works best. Usually I'll do 2 days of only cardio, 1 day of only strength, and 3 days of both.

That's a good idea. I think I will try that..
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member

OMG please STOP saying this!!!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member

OMG please STOP saying this!!!!

Only true if you are talking volume! Fill 1 bucket with fat and fill another bucket with muscle; the muscle will weigh more!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    FatvsMuscle.jpg
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    edorice, wow..........thats putting it in perspective...........I cant imagine. Thanks , that keeps me SO MOTIVATED , we gotta keep going and dont give up, .............thanks again Lloyd
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Thanks endorice that picture just make my breakfast ...... more filling :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.