Recovery week question. Re: Beachbody

Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
Do you find that you lose weight during a recovery week better than the regular schedule for a Beachbody DVD?

Replies

• Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did not lose anything my frist recovery week.... however I can't be a good judge though because my diet was NOT good!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It would make sense if you did. Your muscles store water to assist in recovery after a strenuous workout, so some of the weight on the scale would be this extra water. During recovery week your muscles will shed this water as it is no longer needed, and you will potentially lose more weight. Keep in mind you are not losing fat, it is just water, you will lose more fat weight during the workout weeks.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Do you find that you lose weight during a recovery week better than the regular schedule for a Beachbody DVD?

Personally I did not lose weight during any recovery week for any of the programs I have done. With that said my body really loved the recovery week and I did notice a pretty decent drop once I jumped into the next phase.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I hope to see the water shed this week which is recovery week. Trying to help it along with some jogging as well as the core work.