Logging my exercise is a challenge when the exercise isnt li

Options
Im having the hardest time trying to catagorize my workouts. I work out with a personal trainer twice a week and we do all kinds of stuff, upper and lower and cardio plus abs, all in one session. I also do all the classes at the gym. How would I catagorize my PT sessions and my class with the works just with the fitness ball?

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You can use "strength training" or "circuit training". Are you using a heart rate monitor? It's more important that the calories burned are correct.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like your PT sessions are "circuit training", not to sure about the classes
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good idea about logging them as circuit training. Im not sure what a hear rate moniter is but I will def look into one.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Do a search here on MFP of heart rate monitors. There have been a number of discussions, including which ones people like best. Many people find them helpful. Calories burned in exercise here are based on your weight, etc. A heart rate monitor gives a more accurate calorie burn for you.
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Options
    A Heart Rate Monitor, monitors your heart rate...Duh!! Just kidding. It's a device you wear usually consisting of a chest belt and a watch type unit that records your heart rate during any activity. The better ones can calculate an estimate of the calories you actually burn based on your gender, weight, age, etc. Polar makes some decent ones and so does Reebok. If you're doing mixed workouts like you are, it may be the most accurate way to measure the calories that you're really burning. Hope this helps.
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That helps a lot! Thanks for the brand suggestions also. It sounds like something I definitely benefit from.