Burn 100 calories in 10 mins

Options
I think i am going to give this a try today...thought maybe some other of you would like to try it out too.

•1 minute - Brisk walk or march in place
•1 minute - Light jog outside, around the house or in place
•1 minute - Jumping jacks
•1 minute - Long jumps - jump forward, landing with both feet
•1 minute - Light jog
•1 minute - Jumping jacks
•1 minute - Squat and kick, alternating legs
•1 minute - Light jog
•1 minute - Long jumps
•1 minute - Brisk walk to cool down

Replies

• xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sounds fun when you break it down!!! lol...great ideas!
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like this!! I will do this in a little while!! It's fun to break things up into 1min cycles =D Thank you
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I think I'll save this it'll be good for vacations/as the weather gets cooler and I get stuck inside more. Thanks!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How much one can burn in 10 minutes depends on weight and fitness level.

I can burn (145 pounds, very fit) 100 calories in 10 minutes working out as hard as humanly possible on the elliptical or rollerblading or possibly jogging.

If I weighed more, I would burn more calories in that time. If I weighed less I would burn fewer.

Don't assume, if you do that routine, that you burned 100 calories unless you're wearing a heart rate monitor or something equivalent.

I'm not saying it's not good exercise or not to do it. Just be careful about counting calories.
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes i understand that the amount of calories burned will be different for every person its just an average. I have a heart rate monitor just havent figured out how to use all the settings yet lol
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Neat!!

My go to for 100 calories in 10 minutes is the elliptical. Thanks to this baby weight, I don't have to go very fast to burn 100 calories in 10 minutes lol.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot! I usually burn 100 calories in 10 minutes when I walk/jog and ride my bike, so this will give me something I can do at home if I don't get a break to exercise until after dark. :smile: