where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No way! Burlington, Marshalls, Target, Walmart, Old Navy, Kmart! Always can find inexpensive work-out wear and looks cute!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    online - amazon, runningwarehouse, and race ready
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    fyi, feel free to wear jeans to the gym.
    zvc2hk.gif

giphy.gif

*giggles* You know you love me ;)

:laugh:

DUH!!!
  • Asta2341
    Asta2341 Posts: 2
    Options
    Tribe Sports (https://shop.tribesports.com/), they make pretty high end stuff, but around a 1/2 of the price. I love the shirt and pants I got from them.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Old Navy has awesome workout clothes! I love them!
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Walmart! They have the dri-fit material I like (do not like cotton, I sweat too much). Everything (socks and sports bras inc) except my shoes come from there. They have help up nicely through my loss.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I still wear my old 2XL shirt on top of my sport bra. I'm not spending $100s for something to wipe up my sweat. That being said I got great stuff at Costco, Marshalls, & TJ Max. My golden rule of shopping - if it costs more then $20 it aint worth it!
  • linzym10
    linzym10 Posts: 1
    Options
    old navy!!!!!1
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants.
    This isn't expensive, it's insanity. I could see if you were a professional athlete, making millions who needs clothing that is functional to a sport, but you're not. I'm glad you have decided to join a gym, but jeebus, you’re there to do work, not put on a fashion show.

The biggest investment you should be making is foot wear. Next, would be a sport bra I guess (I don't have bewbs so I wouldn't know). Shorts and a t-shirt should cost no more than $40 (should be old crap you tore or stained and can't wear out).

FYI: All the overpriced crap people buy because they see pro athletes wearing it... the pros get it for free.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Target, Walmart, Kohl's.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    If I'm gonna spend $165, it better be for a good pair of running shoes. Other than that, it's Danskin brand at Walmart.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Kohls or one of the bargain shops. TJMaxx, Ross, Marshalls - you know?

Actually right now Kohls has FILA stuff very cheaply as part of their Kohls Cares promotion (profits go to Susan G Komen I believe - could be wrong). The capris are awesome ($10) and the bra is good though low/medium impact ($5). Online only unless you live in Wisconsin. But still worth the shipping costs for sure. I need to order more pants before they do away with the promo.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports has some pretty inexpensive but cute clothes. I have also trolled Wal-Mart, Target and even thriftshops to get my gear.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Mostly Old Navy...and Target. I also like Marahall's and TJ Maxx for tennis clothes. I have a few items from Athleta, but I've never paid full-price there.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I buy 98% of my stuff from TJMaxx/Marshalls. I usually wear compression capris or running shorts, sports bra, and tank top. Everything has to be non-cotton and moisture-wicking. I get the same brand of tanks and they are always 9.99. I have 5 or 6 of them in all different colors. Capris and shorts are usually around $15 or $20. Sports bras are $10-15 usually. I have 1 pair of yoga pants from lululemon and I actually hate them. The fabric is weird and everything (dust, hair, etc) sticks to them. No need to spend a crapton of money on cute, functional gym clothes! Unless you want to of course.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Honestly - Loblaws! Their yoga pants last forever, and are under $15 usually. I also really enjoy their t-shirts.

I'm losing weight, but even if I was at goal, I would NEVER spend that kind of money on cotton pants.

I live on a border, all you Americans chiming in, you seriously have SO many more options than us, it's ridiculous.
  • WonderWhitney11
    WonderWhitney11 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I honestly really like Under Armour for my workout stuff... if I can get it from the outlet for cheap! They seem to fit well and they're comfy, and they hold up nicely. I also have lots of stuff from Old Navy and Target too!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My workout clothes came from Walmart
    My running clothes from Winners and Walmart.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    TJMaxx for the Win!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Target for Champion pants & sports bras, Spira for tanks & tees. They're the only things that keep me cool enough in the summer and they are never more than $10-15. We have an outlet store here that stocks them at great prices, though I'm having trouble finding them online. DSW has proven to have a better selection of running shoes than the sports stores, so I get those there.