How do you stay focused to not make the same mistakes?

Options
Fsunami
Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
: Hi

Shortest possible versions:

Last March, started at 301. Lost 37 pounds in 3 1/2 months, the routine was working well.

Went to Disney for a week, knew I was going to put 10 back on.

No biggie.

Problem was that I never got back on the plan, life got in the way & here I am today at 312, which means I put on 48 in 10 months.

I figured this out yesterday, am already past the "grieving" stage & am back as of today.

So? I know what I have to do going forward & am executing it. But how do you "protect yourself" from getting off track?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You have to want it bad enough. The key point to remember is you are human and not a robot. Your life isn't programmed to do the exact same thing day after day, week after week, etc. Therefore, you have to plan around your social life, celebrations, vacations, etc. You have to want the weight off more than you want it on. You have to take this commitment as seriously as you take the other commitments in your life.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that. The point about commitment is why I fell off the wagon, as I now look back at why. This helps to remind me. Appreciate the time. Feels good to be back at it, the key is to stay in the moment. And good point about being human - sometimes, I can think of tasks robotically, and I can see here where that would bite me in the butt....