Purchasing "used" polar ft4 from amazon. Any experiences?

Options
Slulik
Slulik Posts: 79 Member
So I am going to be purchasing a Polar Ft4 from amazon canada. Unfortunately us Canadians are limited to where we can purchase for a reasonable price.

I found a Used - good Ft4 from amazon warehouse...read the description of what that means: "Used - Good: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use."

Just wondering if anyone has had a purchase experience of a used item from amazon? Or is better to spend the extra cash and get a "used - like new" or a brand new item.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• AngieCook09
    AngieCook09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just the thought of another person's sweat being on it kinda bothers me. I have bought used books from amazon, nothing else.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Never bought anything used from amazon, but I have a ft7 and love it I bought mine new I do find I am replacing batteries a lot but I can buy them in a package of 8 from amazon for less than $2 and free shipping. Now I am not in Canada but we got my monitor from www.heartratemonitorsusa.com not sure if you checked there or not but they have the ft4 from $62.50 it might be worth a try to check it out and see if you can purchase from there.
  • Slulik
    Options
    Hey blink,

I did check it out. Unfortunately no shipping to Canada :( It is by far cheaper in the US then up here!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I purchased a used one from Ebay over a year ago - still works great! As far as "someone's sweat" on the chest strap, throw it in the washer prior to using it. Problem solved.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    See if you can find the F11, it typically sells for less than the FT4 (since they don't make it anymore) but it has a very nice feature called ownzone that determines your training level based on a kind of fitness test (wont tell you if you're getting more or less fit, just moves the heart rate zones around based on the results). P.S. It also has a fitness test which the FT4 also has if I remember correctly.

As for whether to get a used one, absolutely. Throw the strap into the wash and give all the hard surfaces a good wipe. There's no reason to buy new when there are perfectly good used ones for the taking.
  • Slulik
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Slulik
    Options
    I ended up buying the - used very good condition, which means it could be brand new with damaged packaging. It was $4 more than the "good" condition.

Final with taxes for the FT4 pink/purple is $71.