Apple cider vinegar??? really

Options
2»

Replies

• MichaelPowell
    Options
    I recently read an article by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen that says that vinegar does help. It's not just apple cider vinegar; it's any kind. I'm a big fan because it's no calories and no sodium. I use it to dress my salads. Yes, I am shrinking. Not sure exactly how much the vinegar is contributing, but I love the stuff just the same.

http://www.realage.com/blogs/doctor-oz-roizen/can-balsamic-bring-weight-and-blood-sugar-down

Cool, I mix mine with little bit of water, Lot's of Chopped Red Onions and cucumbers "I usually let it soak overnight". I have it before every meal - Everyday..
  • xslbs
    xslbs Posts: 3
    Options
    My anecdotal input is that when I have a salad with vinegar on it, I notice I feel fuller somehow and less hungry so I'm not so likely to go and get a snack. Because I'd noticed it quite a lot I looked up vinegar and read about the cider vinegar thing... all I can say is I'm going to try it in the hope that I can cut back on my desire to snack but I'll be careful about my teeth! If taken in a small amount I'm guessing it's not going to do me any harm so why not? I have no problems with reflux but I don't think I'd try it if I did.

Only problem is that with other diet modifications and exercise I won't be able to say if it had any actual affect on my loss of weight, all I'll be able to vouch for is whether I stopped always being hungry!
  • lmelgar
    lmelgar Posts: 18
    Options
    I actually tried it but mixed it with some Apple juice still tastes gross but it does make your stomach feel full.