The weight loss, weight gain, weight loss journey.

Options
I'm sure most people who have decided to make the life change of losing weight have actually gone on a weight loss, weight gain, weight loss journey instead. Maintaining weight can actually be a difficult task, as I personally know. When I hit around my teens, I started gaining weight (mainly due to inactivity and a bad diet). At sixteen-years-old I was 5'8" and a lovely 190 pounds. At that point I'd had enough, so started dieting and exercising and lost between 30 and 35 pounds. It didn't take me nearly as long as I expected to lose this weight. Then, at 18, I moved out, and slowly gained (and sometimes lost) weight until the age of 22 when I was 170 pounds (and 5'9"). In 2012, as per the suggestion of a friend, I started using MFP to keep track of food and exercise. Initially I was losing weight fairly quickly at about two pounds a week (working out seven days a week for an hour and a half a day). About six months into my routine, I hit a plateau, and it took me quite a few rigorous months to lose a few more pounds. Losing weight at age 22/23 was a lot harder that age 16/17! I'm 24 now and only a couple pounds shy of the initial weight loss goal I had in mind (although I'm completely content with my weight right now). It can be a daunting task to lose weight, but one that has all the bragging rights in the world when completed.