Just not getting results

Options
AlliSteff
AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
I upped my workout game about 7 months ago, and I must say I have gotten into pretty good shape. I have recently added in Strong Lifts and TRX/kettlebell work in conjunction with my usual kickboxing and spin.

About 6 weeks ago, I really took a look and addressed my Macros (looked at both IIFYM and Scooby), and basically averaged the two...they were fairly different, but that is how I obtained my breakdown and caloric goal (Based on 5x a week workouts).

And....pretty much nothing.

If I am getting around 12,600 calories per week, and burning 2500-3000 per week at the gym, and using 9800 per week towards my BMR...shouldn't I be losing?

The trainer at my gym thinks I still need to be ingesting more calories in order to lose....more like 1900 a day.

Yes, I weigh my food. Yes, I wear a heartrate monitor at the gym- a Polar FT-4.

Any guidance?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You say that you're weighing your food, but your diary says otherwise... You're logging exactly 1 'medium apple', exactly 2 links of breakfast sausage, exactly half a serving of peanut butter every time, using entries like 'home prepared', or 'generic' instead of using your own... '1 breast of grilled chicken' for 70 calories (where do I find that magical chicken?) etc...

So basically... you're not logging accurately. Also you're not supposed to eat back exercise calories with scooby/IIFYM but it doesn't look like you are most of the time.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I pack it and must make some assumption at work on how many bites of an apple I take...That piece of breast is typically 2 oz when I weigh for my lunch.

I am also type 1 diabetic, and calculate all of my insulin based on carb calculations (I use an insulin pump). Other than the proteins, if I was not putting the correct numbers into my entries (for fruit, veggies, etc), my blood glucose levels would be off and they are not.

Most of the time not eating back any calories.