Beachbody coaches

Options
1235»

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Saw this guy had posted photos of his truck on Chalene Johnson's facebook page, so looked up his web site - this is so blatant and it is so clear that he is only in it for the money: www.prestofitness.com Wonder if he's ever actually helped anyone other than his own pocketbook!

Actually the reason he called it Prestofitness is his name is Joe Lopresto. He's actually a very good guy and has helped quite a bit of people possibly in the hundreds. Also did you look at his transformation. All I am saying is don't jump to conclusions.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Stooooo - thanks for sharing your story! You definitely are one of the good guys!

Sharon

Thanks Sharon and Catherine, that means a lot.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Saw this guy had posted photos of his truck on Chalene Johnson's facebook page, so looked up his web site - this is so blatant and it is so clear that he is only in it for the money: www.prestofitness.com Wonder if he's ever actually helped anyone other than his own pocketbook!

Actually the reason he called it Prestofitness is his name is Joe Lopresto. He's actually a very good guy and has helped quite a bit of people possibly in the hundreds. Also did you look at his transformation. All I am saying is don't jump to conclusions.
    I'm learning that on here... not to jump so quickly. Since after reading your post I too see you more clearly Stooooo (I double counted, hope I got it right. lol) my apologies for 'assuming' :wink: :flowerforyou:

Edited: I'm certainly seeing BB in a more positive light now and it actually has to do with this thread. Those of you that have opened up and shared more about yourselves and what got you started have helped clear some of the negative up for me. it's great to see the folks that want to help ppl have got the personalties to go along with it. Wish you all the best and the bad apples spoiling the bunch don't seem so prominent anymore:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Stooooo
    Options

I'm learning that on here... not to jump so quickly. Since after reading your post I too see you more clearly Stooooo (I double counted, hope I got it right. lol) my apologies for 'assuming' :wink: :flowerforyou:

Edited: I'm certainly seeing BB in a more positive light now and it actually has to do with this thread. Those of you that have opened up and shared more about yourselves and what got you started have helped clear some of the negative up for me. it's great to see the folks that want to help ppl have got the personalties to go along with it. Wish you all the best and the bad apples spoiling the bunch don't seem so prominent anymore:wink::flowerforyou:

Thanks Becca!

I like to think it is not necessarily that they are bad apples. It's more that they just haven't been trained properly. Maybe it's just me (my wife says I view life with rose colored glasses), but I think with the proper training they can be made into good coaches. I've had this experience before in my previous network marketing business. I always taught my people to not treat customers like another number. They are coming to you for help, not be sold. I talk to everyone on my team before I let them join me and tell them the way I am building my team. I have had to turn people away, because they were looking to get rich quick.

I once had someone join my team (from my previous company) and they promptly started spamming different forums. I only found out because I came across one of the posts. I quickly spoke to the person, when he didn't stop I contacted our regional rep and had him removed from my team. 2 weeks later he quit because he wasn't making any money (gee wonder why).

I have to say I love the direction that this subject has taken....

All the best,
    Stu
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

His name wasn't the reason that I brought this up - it's more the fact that he's got his truck wrapped with BB advertising (which I thought was not allowed?) and when you go to his web site, his home page is primarily about becoming a coach. I applaud that he gives free fitness and cooking seminars, but all that appears secondary on his website. It's hard not to come to such a conclusion when his primary presentation is about the money making aspect.

I apologize if this is a friend of yours and I have offended. That was certainly not my intent. I am just very discouraged that the fitness aspect seems to have taken a back seat to the money-making aspect and this coach's website (and vehicle!) appears to be another such example. I have met several BB coaches on this website that are very genuine and I absolutely applaud their intentions and efforts. Again, I do truly apologize if I have offended - it was not my intention.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Thanks Becca!

I like to think it is not necessarily that they are bad apples. It's more that they just haven't been trained properly. Maybe it's just me (my wife says I view life with rose colored glasses), but I think with the proper training they can be made into good coaches. I've had this experience before in my previous network marketing business. I always taught my people to not treat customers like another number. They are coming to you for help, not be sold. I talk to everyone on my team before I let them join me and tell them the way I am building my team. I have had to turn people away, because they were looking to get rich quick.

I once had someone join my team (from my previous company) and they promptly started spamming different forums. I only found out because I came across one of the posts. I quickly spoke to the person, when he didn't stop I contacted our regional rep and had him removed from my team. 2 weeks later he quit because he wasn't making any money (gee wonder why).

I have to say I love the direction that this subject has taken....

All the best,
    Stu
    I like that Stu! A much more positive way to view it...in regards to proper training. I think I'll be wearing my rose colored glasses from now on, much better view with them on!. :wink: :drinker: OK, definitely gives a better view for all coaches when thinking of it this way vs. the other way! Ah, and I agree the thread has definitely turned the corner :flowerforyou:
  • Spydor
    Spydor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Saw this guy had posted photos of his truck on Chalene Johnson's facebook page
    I'm sure Chalene probably "defriended" him. She's not fond of people advertising on her page. Of course, the truck does look nice, so maybe she wouldn't mind.
    clear that he is only in it for the money....Wonder if he's ever actually helped anyone.....It's so unfortunate that the company is encouraging folks like prestofitness - it really cheapens the company.
    If you look over the site, it looks like they do free fit clubs, and has done a few fund raisers for schools. Sure, he's making money or benefiting from the events, but both are great events none the less. I especially like the school event, much better than all the crap they have our kids trying to peddle.

As for the company, I'm sure they appreciate the coaches at all levels. But they would not survive if they depended solely on the coaches who are not out to make money. The coaches who are out to make money, and driving the most business for themselves, are also the reason the company is able to do all the good that they do. It's a business, not a volunteer organization.
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like it even though I havent sold anything yet
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I know this thread hasn't been written in a while, but I just thought I would share something that happened to me last night. All the talk lately has been about how BB coaches are just out to build a team and make money. While that is mostly true, for a lot of us it is also about helping people.

So, last night I am at an event at my synagogue with my family and a mother comes up to me saying she wants to give me a big hug to thank me. You see her daughter is one of the coaches on my team, and has been trying to lose weight for a long time. With guidance and motivation from me (and Shakeology) she has finally started to lose weight. She said to me that she can't thank me enough for what I am doing. I don't think I stopped smiling the rest of the evening. Now remember I was one of those people who became a coach for the discount and now look at me I am helping people change their lives.

Just wanted to put a positive note in this thread.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I know this thread hasn't been written in a while, but I just thought I would share something that happened to me last night. All the talk lately has been about how BB coaches are just out to build a team and make money. While that is mostly true, for a lot of us it is also about helping people.

So, last night I am at an event at my synagogue with my family and a mother comes up to me saying she wants to give me a big hug to thank me. You see her daughter is one of the coaches on my team, and has been trying to lose weight for a long time. With guidance and motivation from me (and Shakeology) she has finally started to lose weight. She said to me that she can't thank me enough for what I am doing. I don't think I stopped smiling the rest of the evening. Now remember I was one of those people who became a coach for the discount and now look at me I am helping people change their lives.

Just wanted to put a positive note in this thread.
    I imagine that felt pretty great Stu, very cool!:wink::drinker:
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Yes it did, thanks.
  • akcalo
    akcalo Posts: 3
    Options
    This thread has been very encouraging to see that others have similar feelings about coaching. I've been a coach for over a year but have not even reached emerald. I joined because I had such great results using their products, Slim in 6 in particular, and since people were already asking how I had the results I figured why not earn some income as well. I also had started drinking Shakeology and thought the discount would be good. I also joined as a coach so that I could hopefully eventually make it a full time income, since I dream of having a home business to be able to stay at home for my kids. Well, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I also find the whole business of pushing people to join something they may not be ready for, just to try and boost my bottom line is definitely wrong. But I still enjoy the discounts since I've ordered other workouts as well and hope to order others.

But like others are saying. I am discouraged by the trend of this focusing on recruiting coaches into Beachbody. The whole focus on Success Club drives me bonkers! I thought the focus is trying to end the trend of obesity but the push seems to be on recruiting. I agree with another poster on hear who said they're should be some kind of reward system for coaches who simply have been helping and motivating people to get in shape, and not just achieving rank status. Part of me wants to quit, but I've recently been helping some friends and family by starting a Shakeology challenge group on FB and it's very encouraging to see the postive effects I'm having on them, and seeing them encouraging and interacting and making new friends.

So I'm going to just continue it as a side thing. If I earn a comission from a sale great, and if someone is interested in coaching that's great too. But if not, no big. I'm not going to push it either. I'm getting to help people, I also get a discount on products I love to use and that's it.
  • akcalo
    akcalo Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not a coach but I have been thinking of becoming one. I would love to help people in their journey.... and getting discounts is always a plus. One of the things holding me back is I don't know how it all works, and secondly... I thought it would be a little lame for me (who is still 60-ish lbs overweight) to be coaching people to their goals. Who am I to say how they should do their workouts and whatnot when I am still a big fatty? Nobody would take me seriously I think.

How does the coaching work? Whats the different levels I'm hearing about (diamond, ruby, etc)? How do you make money... and how much do you make? (It's not really about the money for me... as long as its enough to cover the monthly coach fee I would be happy). Do you have to find and sign your own clients or do they assign clients to you?

It's hard to answer those questions in these forums without someone saying we're advertising ourselves...but I will try to take s stab at it, lol.

When you start out as a coach, you are just "coach." This means that you have no other coaches signed up under you. You are NOT given customers by Beachbody at this time. So basically, your first customers are normally people you know, your friends, family, etc. and people you talk to who are interested in being coached. At this point you earn a little commission when people buy Beachbody products from the website that they give you which you pay $14.99 a month to have.

When you have 2 coaches signed up under you who are both "active" (being active coach means that you either personally buy about $50 of product a month for yourself or your customers go to your website and buy that much) you are called Emerald. So basically, you need to have signed up 2 coaches and those coaches also buy product. When you are Emerald, Beachbody automatically signs up customers with you as their coach when they buy a program. You also get "free players" which are people who sign up to get a coach without buying anything. (oh, I forgot to mention...to stay an active Emerald Coach, you also have to sign up for the Club Membership on their website which is like $40 every 3 months...) Get a couple more coaches under you, you move up to Ruby....I became a Diamond when I had 2 Emeralds under me.

So as you can see, the "business" side of things can be expensive for beginners because if you don't have active coaches then you have to buy product yourself! Unless you don't care about staying active 100% of the time. One of my coaches started ordering all these vitamins once a month for herself that she couldn't go through in a month just to stay active...sad, sad, sad when coaching turns into Show Me The Money. But I digress.

Oh and here's an interesting thing...it happened to me a lot. If someone doesn't like program and the return it for a refund, Beachbody takes your commission back from you by deducting it from the next check you get. How's that for making Carl richer? And they also take away the credit for selling it in the first place, so you might lose rank next week. I was Diamond one week, and then shot back down to Emerald the next week because one of my coaches went inactive and one little ol' customer returned P90X.

Are you starting to understand why the money grubbing coaches out there seem to have all these sell sell sell attitudes, now? You sell, you make money. You don't sell, you seem to get punished. Unless you remember that it is NOT about making money...................

But when you sign up, you get all these huge info packets about their compensation plan and there's meetings and webinars galore about how to get coaches.

Gosh, I wish they'd have a seminar on healthy eating or modifying difficult exercises! Cause that's what my customers care about, not me trying to get them to sign up to be a coach!!! But I digress...

As far as how much money you make, that totally depends on how many coaches you have signed up under you. Don't think that if you have a thousand customers you will make a lot of money. You get commissions from what they buy IF THEY BUY. Remember that they are a customer cause they already bought a program...no guarantee they will ever buy anything else. You also get commissions (so to speak) if your downline coaches buy or sell things to others and a "bonus" if you have really big selling coaches. It's an MLM. Most coaches hate it when you call it a pyramid scheme, but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, no matter what the big duck Carl tells you....................

Being completely 100% totally honest with you...even when I was a Diamond before the Game Plan came out, the most I ever made was about $400 a month. It's really not that bad, but you can't live off it making what I was making. When the Game Plan was released, I had been knocked down to Ruby because I had a coach to cancel...and since then, making money with Beachbody has been insanely difficult. As stated before, after the Game Plan, all the really good incentives went to the founding coaches and those lucky enough to make it and stay in Diamond status. So Ruby and below have to work harder than ever to move up the ladder. As I mentioned earlier a few posts ago, I recently had a lot of coaches to up and quit out of sheer frustration with Carl and his money making schemes. Which sent me down to regular ol' Coach as if I had just started out. So for the past 5 months or so, I have averaged about double the money of the $14.99 fee per month...which puts me on top, but no where near where Carl said I could be. You hear all the time about the 6 figure salary of coaches, but let me tell you that is only true about the founding coaches! This is not true for the other thousands of coaches trying to make a difference in the fight to end obesity.

Goodness...sounds like a really negative, spiteful post, doesn't it?

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I do not think being a Beachbody Coach is a negative thing at all. But you need to hear the truth about how difficult it is to make money instead of the hype that most diehard coaches will tell you.

I urge you to think about this when signing up to be a coach. Think about the people you want to help. And remember that YOU provide those people until you get 2 coaches to sign up with you and stay active. Don't focus on the money, or you will certainly lose focus of the people! It's all Carl's emails and Facebook page talks about is so-and-so just signed up more coaches...the "training" is about signing people up rather than health and fitness...

If you are passionate about health and fitness and want to do that as a career, I would personally look into personal training, fitness instruction, etc. Beachbody as a career seems to suck the joy of helping others right out of it sometimes unless you separate yourself from the business side of it.

But as I said many times before, I thoroughly love and enjoy helping people out. I don't even look at my Beachbody "office" anymore unless it is to get email addresses of new customers and greet them. They money isn't important. But I hope I answered some of your questions about the compensation plan. It was never really explained to me and I just assumed I would start making a check right away. Didn't happen. So please don't get wrapped up in that side of it. :flowerforyou:

Wow! This has got to be the most honest straight forward and upfront post describing the coaching experience that I've ever seen anywhere! I wish more people knew it this way BEFORE they sign up! That's why I can't find it in me to try and recruit anyone unless they would be ready for the challenges ahead, You described what I've felt and what I've seen. I feel the very same way. :)
  • Utalledo
    Utalledo Posts: 6
    Options
    I wished I read this before I signed up.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Read this whole thread with great interest... I have no plans to become a Beachbody coach, but I'm a social media consultant and website designer, and I was recently hired and then incredibly ripped off by one of the top BB coaches in the industry for my services. The short time I spent working with them made BB coaching seem like a money-crazed cult. It was really off-putting.