Best ranch alternative (needs to taste close to ranch)?

Options
I have tried all the other main types (Italian, etc) - don't like them.

Need to find something that tastes close to ranch but doesn't have the fat, sugar, calories, etc

Any ideas?

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    The only thing that tastes like real ranch to me is real ranch. Just weigh out your portion so you know how much you're consuming.
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms has a really good dressing. It's made with yogurt and is 45 calories for 2 TBSP. Delish! Love the honey mustard as well.

http://www.bolthouse.com/product/classicranch
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You can try making your own and experimenting... I use powdered ranch seasoning + soy sour cream to make ranch dip all the time. It's not too bad calorie-wise and tastes normal.
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt(or any plain yogurt- (doesn't even have to be low or fat free because no matter what 2 tablespoons of full fat yogurt has a heck of a lot less calories than 2 tablespoons of ranch)- blended with a bit of milk and a partial packet of powdered ranch dressing mix. I promise you it tastes great! I was skeptical until I tried it :wink:
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    https://www.waldenfarms.com/products/dressings.html
    Loads of sodium, but tastes exactly like the Ranch you desire.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Make the HVR dry packet but use either fat free mayonnaise or Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. The low-fat buttermilk or regular milk can be increased, too. I often find the dressing too thick when made per instruction, at least after it chills.
    Also, skinny taste has some great salad dressing recipes. Her ceasar dressing is absolutely the best ceasar dressing I've ever made!
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the other poster that stated that what you need to do is... calculate the ranch dressing into your diet plan.. you don't have to eliminate it.. just keep with in your calorie budget...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I mix Hidden Valley ranch powder with low fat greek yoghurt and a little bit of light milk. It's very tasty.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I make my ranch vinaigrette by mixing 6 tbsp of 5% sour cream with 2 tbsp low fat buttermilk, crushed garlic, thyme, oregano, a splash of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

It taste "real" ranch though, not quite savory as some commercial variety, but you can add powdered seasoning.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fat free ranch? If you don't go nuts, it's like 35 calories for 2 tbsp.
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, hidden valley ranch powder, a little milk.

Perfecto.
  • Smiles_And_Pizza
    Options
    Wish bone fat free Ranch is the best! It's only 30 calories for 2tbs!