Carbs from fruit?

Options
Hi all,

I seem to go over my carbs almost daily, but the majority of them come from fruit. Is this as bad as I think it is, or are fruits and veggies okay in any amount?

I'm on my last 10 pounds to lose (YAY!) and I'm trying to eat really well. Don't want fruit to screw it all up.

Thanks!!

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My dietician says carbs that come from veggies are fine in any amount. But to be mindful about fruits. Fruit adds up quickly, not only in carbs, but in calories as well.

I typically have a banana, apple, and some kind of berry each day.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If you're not diabetic, I say have at it. God. I miss fruit. :sad:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Any carb is ok in any amount, as long as you have a calorie deficit. You can lose on a diet of Peeps and Mountain Dew if you want. But fruit is delicious, I get that. I eat a banana and apple a day because I love natural sugar toxins :)
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a health problem where you have to worry about carbs (and if you do, check with your doctor, not random strangers on the Internet!), then enjoy the fruit. Just remember to weigh and track it, because while fruit is all kinds of healthy, it still has calories.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana, half a cup of blackberries, half a cup of raspberries, and about 10 strawberries. I love them way too much to give them up, but the carbs from a banana alone are scary!!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I once gained weight on the new WW plan. They made fruit a free food and I ate far too much. Fruit is calories like any food and can add up.
    Non-starchy veggies take a lot to add up to anything so they're a better choice. A huge pile of greens counts for about 20 calories and is full of nutrition. I love making things like mint chutney to eat on meat and with veggies. Practically no calories and tons of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. You can do a fairly skinny pesto for similar.
    Also, try adding veggies, especially squash and eggplant, to anything as a filler and to give moisture. You can use eggplant just like zuchinni in muffins and bread.