What do you do on your rest days?

Options

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I usually rest and just chill out, but sometimes I'll go for a light walk around the neighbourhood depending on how my body is feeling.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    walk and chat with a friend
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    foam roll

This. It's a pain/pleasure confusion :-P
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Run. The day after a heavy leg day is prime running day. It not only helps with recovery, but I end up with a better sense of pacing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I lift 3x a week and when I am not lifting I do HIIT/brisk walk or bike ride...

I rest on Sundays...meaning house work etc...not sure that's considered a rest tho...:laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't have rest days. I walk a lot (and ride the stationary bike a lot) and I don't feel I need breaks from those.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I train 7 days a week, lift 5 days cardio 7 days. but on weekends I will just do light stuff like go for a walk around the block with the dog.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I take Mondays off unless it is beautiful outside. Then I switch my off day to a bad weather day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot on a daily basis and just try to make sure I don't walk less on my off day, maybe adding in some errands that involve walking, since I don't need to work in exercise. In an ideal world anyway. Sometimes I don't.

I aim for 1 rest day a week, sometimes take 2. Depends on what I do on the other days.
  • Sobeeit
    Sobeeit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty that I am not exercising.
    +1 I don't know what a rest day is
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Rest.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't have the kind of rest days where I Iiterally don't do anything. On days I don't lift, I'm either out and about all day walking around/running errands, or go do some other activity (like last weekend on a "rest day" I went to an indoor trampoline park). I plan to go for bike rides on rest days now that I have a bike again.

edited for spelling
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty that I am not exercising.
    +1 I don't know what a rest day is

I agree. On the days I don't go to the gym I will take a walk around the park. I just don't feel right.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Today's my rest day so I'm going to mow the lawn. lol
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Yoga and leisurely walking
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Stability ball or walk
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what the title asks =P Do you actually "rest" and not do anything? Or do something light??

Rest days are just rest from vigorous activity to let my body recover and repair...rest days don't mean sitting around doing nothing and lazing about the couch. I walk 3 miles every day, including my rest day. I also might do some restorative yoga from time to time...play some golf, take the kids to the pool, etc. I also get a lot of yard work and other stuff done around the house on rest days.

I do NOT lift weights on rest days or push my body in anyway; in that sense, I'm "resting" Very rarely do I truly rest in that I do pretty much nothing...occasionally my body needs that, but it's pretty rare so long as I am appropriately following my fitness regimen...it only happens when I start going too hard all of the time and not varying my intensity levels on workout days.

I generally take one rest day per week...sometimes two.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I run some errands (not really running them, though, just walking), and I take some leasure time with BF (yes, what you're thinking about, and also we sometimes go to the swimming pool and I restrain myself from doing laps, or we go out downtown and walk instead of taking subway).
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I exercise during the week and take weekends off. - I'm 6 weeks in - and hope that eventually I'll be inspired to do a fun class or go swimming on the weekend - but for now - I just do errands, laundry, shopping - and then vegatate and catch up on my netflix movies for the week.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Me on my rest days BardockHealing.jpg

I will usually go for a walk or do daily chores like lawn work, house work, etc. But if it's a rest day you really should rest!

I approve this picture as a response.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ETA: my answer...oops...I rest and go to sleep early. Or I do heat yoga if I'm feeling like I need to do SOMETHING.