Snack Ideas? No nuts, No seeds, no dairy?

Options
StaciMarie1974
StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
Quick - need suggestions for snacks for a teenager to take on a long bus ride (school trip) that does not contain nuts, seeds, dairy...

Replies

• juellmorning
    Options
    Tonka bar : buffalo meat and cranberry
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop - if you can get it at Costco it's reasonably priced. Dry cereal (cheerios, chex, etc.), dry fruit mixed together.

Can you make modified hummus with no tahini and maybe that with some triscuits and veggies too?
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Are these restrictions for actual allergies or just because? Popcorn and beef jerkey and hard boiled eggs are really my only suggestions as well. You've ruled out all the portable snacks.
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    pork rinds!
  • Roxie_64
    Roxie_64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Raisins,dried fruit, cereal,
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Pretzels
    Veggies
    Fruit
    Popcorn
    Rice cakes
    Deli meat rollups
    Raisins
    Chex mix
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Granola bars, PB&J sandwich, carrots and other veggies, dried fruit, beef jerky, crackers & vegan cheese.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch... Its like granola and tasty! ... Though it has sesame seeds... if that really counts as a seed, lol... :)

Also if you have a Costco, there are Rice rollers... they are a honey sweetened rice treat... Very tasty and quite filling
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggies!! Real (or tofu) jerky. Also, wowbutter makes an imitation peanut butter... You could make a "peanut butter" and honey sandwich.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. The restrictions are due to kids in the band/orchestra/chorus (its a music department trip to Disney) have allergies. Doesn't help that my daughter has braces so is not supposed to eat anything very chewy, and popcorn is out. Then of course is a 12-14 hour bus ride and I'm not sure if there will be an option to take a cooler. Reading some labels, and so much has peanut oil or other 'not allowed' ingredients.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    No peanut butter...
    Granola bars, PB&J sandwich, carrots and other veggies, dried fruit, beef jerky, crackers & vegan cheese.
  • ObsessedMonster
    ObsessedMonster Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Carrots with any bean dip, hummus, or guacamole, freeze dried fruits, kale chips, rice crackers, apples, sliced veggies, potato/mushroom pate, oat cakes, granola...etc
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Will she eat wowbutter? It's a peanut butter replacement made from soy....I've heard it tastes like PB. A wow butter and jam sandwich might be tasty.

Crackers, fruit, rice cakes, beef jerky, dried apples, veggies, dry cereal.

Enjoy Life brand is all nut/peanut/dairy free. They make cookies, granola bars etc. and Oreos!! Vegan and peanut/tree but free.
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My teen child and I love snap peas as a snack. Our homemade "granola" is coconut, chocolate chips, and banana chips. Good luck!
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love skinny pop! I buy at walgreens.