Alcohol and Weightloss

Options
2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Patron is ALWAYS the way to go...lol!!!!
  • tjkiser
    tjkiser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live at the beach and feel the SAME way you do.. pretty much everything revolves around a few drinks.. wether its hitting up Happy Hour, grabbing a drink after working in the evenings.. or watching football on a saturday.. and that's just a few occasions!

I try to limit drinking (if i'm going to at all) to once a week or so.. like you mentioned on your saturdays out dancing.. If i do I work for the calories in the gym and try not to indulge in that margarita (which is my favorite, btw).

For liquor, my suggestion is pick your favorite two crystal light flavors! I carry the packets around in my purse or hell, in my pocket if i have to! Order a vodka water TALL. and put about half the packet into it and save the other. so, while most people would order a double tall.. you're drinking more water with your vodka than normal.. so you're slowing down your alcohol intake. sometimes if you want to fake it to limit the peer pressure from being out and everyone asking where your drink is.. just order the waer and put the crystal light in it.. once your friends see you do it in your liqour drinks they assume its the same and lay off! if i'm really wanting to just catch a buzz and have a great time, I really try to limit it to maybe 3 or 4 drinks.. since i'm only drinking about once a week.. i become a lightweight anyways and it save you $.

For beer, i'm not much of a light beer drinker but coorslight or mich ultra aren't bad.. i like the beers a little on the darker side.. michelob ultra amber or yuengling light are good and again.. only have maybe one and i count it as an empty calore/carb snack.

But once again.. you are obviously not alone in the battle for weight loss vs. alcohol consumption!

Hope this helps along with the others
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    I'm a drinker too. Before I got pregnant I was drinking at least a bottle of wine every night. And that was just the nights that I stayed home! When I went out I would have 4 or more vodka drinks. After abstaining for nine months, I find it much easier to keep my drinking in moderation. I know that my past drinking habits were the major culprit in my pre-pregnancy weight gain-both from all the calories and the lack of working out (when I wasn't drinking, I was hung over).

While I was pregnant, the only thing I missed was that relaxed feeling after a glass of two or wine. I didn't miss feeling wasted, sick, hungover. I was def. ready to give that lifestyle up. Now I limit myself to a couple of glasses of wine. I don't think I could abstain all together, and I see no reason to.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love Vodka...I drink Cherry Vodka with Diet Coke I'm glad to see these suggestions. :)
  • khogeland
    Options
    Dance Dance Dance....when you go out get off the bar stool and shake your booty. dancing is the best way to brun calories and have a good time.For every beer (Michalob ultra is best choice calorie and taste wise) dance with out stoping to two songs. I have found that doing Voka citrion and water with some lemon wedges is great too. Have fun and dont worry if you over do it...you'll just have to work hard the following day. Were making life changes not changin our lives by not doing the things we enjoy! Have FUN and BOOGIE
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am totally going to boogie my butt off next time im out which will be next Saturday. Im already getting a mental plan together so I have fun but dont get to far off track.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I had my cherry vodka this weekend with crystal lite lemonade...OMG yummmy!