Weight loss pills??

iamstronger247
iamstronger247 Posts: 47
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
are YOU taking any weight loss pills?? if so what? are they working???

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Nooooo.
    Bad idea.
    Very bad idea.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Green tea/caffeine/ephedra

Works for me.
  • what kind of weight loss are you talking about? fat loss or water weight? i take water pills every once in a while because i'm so sensitive to sodium, but i would NEVER take anything geared towards fat loss. it's like cheating on an exam.
  • binary_jester
    what kind of weight loss are you talking about? fat loss or water weight? i take water pills every once in a while because i'm so sensitive to sodium, but i would NEVER take anything geared towards fat loss. it's like cheating on an exam.
    How is that cheating?
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Yes and Yes

I lost weight on my own for two months BEFORE I did a weight loss SUPPLEMENT!

You must have your head straight BEFORE taking a SUPPLEMENT. A pill can't do all of the work, it's something that just gives you that extra help. I have not gain any weight that I have lost back.

Right now I'm blogging my experience on a SUPPLEMENT.

**Never let people make you feel guilty for taking a supplement - Bodybuilders take supplements to get bigger...so I don't see a difference!**
  • because you're relying on something else to fix your problems. i put fat loss pills in the same category as getting lypo or gastric bypass and stuff like that. it's just my opinion. i want to lose weight the natural way.
  • Nosiree, bob! My cardiologist banned it from my rule book. Come to think of it, he bans alot of things....a real genuine kill joy! But I tend to think he knows what's best for me. If you're really considering weight loss pills, talk to your physician to make sure they wouldn't increase your heart rate too much or cause any other reaction they deem negative.
  • binary_jester
    because you're relying on something else to fix your problems. i put fat loss pills in the same category as getting lypo or gastric bypass and stuff like that. it's just my opinion. i want to lose weight the natural way.
    If you don't change your lifestyle, then it is an absolute waste. If there is a product that can accelerate your weight loss (and the ones I take are not magic pills, but they are effective) and you stick with the eating habits you obtained while losing weight, I fail to see it as cheating.
    The important thing is to change your mindset. The method is secondary.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    I love me some caffeine!
  • binary_jester
    i want to lose weight the natural way.
    ...and green tea and caffeine are both natural. :wink:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    because you're relying on something else to fix your problems. i put fat loss pills in the same category as getting lypo or gastric bypass and stuff like that. it's just my opinion. i want to lose weight the natural way.
    If you don't change your lifestyle, then it is an absolute waste. If there is a product that can accelerate your weight loss (and the ones I take are not magic pills, but they are effective) and you stick with the eating habits you obtained while losing weight, I fail to see it as cheating.
    The important thing is to change your mindset. The method is secondary.

Agreed with your answer!! Even though I'm taking OxyElite Pro - I still work by butt off doing Insanity (in my second round) and watching what I eat.

Round 1 month 1 of Insanity I lost 5 lbs Round 2 Month 2 I lost 9lbs

I have no bad side effects from it. I just sweat a lot more =)
    It's when people abuse the pills or don't follow the directions or when people expect a MAJOR weightloss from pills that it gets bad reviews.

I won't be taking it forever...once i reach my goal weight I'm going to stop and once I reach my goal weight doesn't mean I'm going to stop working out..just that my focus will be more about toning vs weight loss
  • MrsRios
    MrsRios Posts: 56
    no!! so many are getting recalled u should talk to your doctor before taking any. I think diet and excersise is the healthier and safest way, just my personal opinion.
This discussion has been closed.