NUtRiSYStEM <3 ?

Options
Has anyone tried Nutrisytem ? & If so, did you have good results ?

I was on the program when I was around 14-15 and went from 215 to 160.
& Lost the rest of it on my own, without the help of nutrisystem.
I remember some of the foods being nasty, have they improved?

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I was buying NS food about 3 years ago. They have improved some of the foods. The key for me was learning how to doctor them up and create good, filling meals out of them. I lost a few pounds. But, I wouldn't do the program now. This is a lifestyle change for me! My focus now is learning to eat & prepare my own foods so I can keep the good habits for the years to come.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I use Jenny Craig, their food tastes better than NS.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I buy my food in the grocery store:wink:
  • adventurechicki
    adventurechicki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to work for the industry. Nutrisystem is nice where you don't have to think or learn about food, calories or anything else. They give you prepared food full of preservatives. The down fall is that you don't actually learn how to eat more healthy. Once you go off the system you gain weight back because you haven't learned how to be more healthy. :(

Weight Watchers teach you a lot more, but then everything is associated with Points and it makes it hard to know what stuff is...

LA Weight Loss, who I used to work for, is out of business as far as centers go, but have www.latoyourdoor.com What I liked about them is they really teach you a lot more about nutrition, and help to personalize your body type, medical, and needs to you. They teach you about actual calories, how they work and play with your body. They have supplementals, and prepared food and other helpers that you can use as a combination, so you are not so reliant on their prepared food and when you go off you know what you are doing. :)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't think NS works for food lovers. As soon as you make weight, you're back to eating the way you normally did. I tried it a few years back and thought it tasted horrible.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I did Nutrisystem about 5 years ago. I lost weight but the food got to be really tiresome. It all tasted the same. Then I did it again about 2 years ago. They just had their recipe revamp then and the food tasted a lot better but I literally didn't lose any weight at all. AND was hungry and felt like crap this time. What kind of deal is that? LOL

For me, I think it was the sodium and the preservatives. I haven't been able to flush that stuff out like I used to. Most of those meals have upwards of 600mg of sodium in them, sometimes more. The prepackaged way is helpful if you don't have time to think too much though. (Example, I did the first round when my son was a very busy toddler - enough said! :wink: )

I recommend learning how to eat fresh (in other words, not processed or prepackaged) as much as you can - but that does take a lot of time and discipline. Everyone has to find the path that works for them. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i like cooking for myself from scratch which is why i like slimming world
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I used it for about 3 months, lost 20 pounds about 5 years ago. I gave it up when I had to do a lot of travel for work. I tried it again 3 years ago and had some very bad digestive reactions to the new formula food. I would have to take extra clothes to work with me just in case.... I threw it out and never went back.

Good Luck!