Stretch Mark Help!

Options
I wasn't sure where to start this topic, sorry.

I did a little searching through the boards about what is best to help get rid of/ reduce stretch marks and found that some people said bio oil, I'm going to check that out when I go to walmart next.. and I'll check on amazon to after my birthday (dang husband won't let me log in right now).. but I was wondering does that work for old stretch marks? If not what is another good treatment for old stretch marks? I am going to be 25.. my stretch marks are from the past.. I don't know 7-8 years of just getting fatter, before I decided to do something about it... I have a few new ones from loosing weight, but most of them are old.. they are faded but still noticable..

If you mark suggestions on what to use, could you also say how long it usually takes for results to know it's working and when to start? Should I start now even though I have 100 lbs to loose still or wait until I'm closer to my goal weight? I am not planning on flashing any skin right now! But I want to get ahead of the marks so they aren't permanent.. well you know what I mean!

Thanks!

Replies

• OhyesIam
    Options
    I am super sorry to have to tell you this but stretch marks are completely and totally permant. You may be able to find some creams that fade them a little but you will never be able to get rid of them and anything that claims that it can is a scam! Love your body whatever it may be, sorry for the bad news!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have never tried bio-oil, but saw it at Walmart. I want to get Mederma Stretch Mark Cream because I know of people who used it and really worked. A friend of mine's cousin used it and she said her stretch marks were so bad from pregnancy, they were very red all around her belly button and not you can't even see them.
  • emma_reed123
    Options
    Hi...I totally recommend bio oil, it has worked for me on stretch marks from pregnancy 8 years ago...they havent totally gone but they may as well. I got mine online as it is cheaper than the shops here in the UK, not sure what its like where you are but I would deffo get some, I love it, I use it on my face now as its anti aging too and its gone very cold here so perfect for dry skin too.

Good Luck

Em:happy:
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am super sorry to have to tell you this but stretch marks are completely and totally permant. You may be able to find some creams that fade them a little but you will never be able to get rid of them and anything that claims that it can is a scam! Love your body whatever it may be, sorry for the bad news!

I know they are permanet.. I worded what I said wrong, sorry... I want them to appear.. gone from a distance.. faded as much as possible.. you know what I mean? I don't want to walk around with huge lines all over my tummy.. especially if I finally get down to the point where I can wear a bikini again instead of shorts and a shirt.. yes that's how fat I got :/.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options

have to agree. You can fade them but they are never going to go completely away. I've also found that the self tanning lotions help to minimize their appearance.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I heard that strivectin works at shrinking them.. BUT it's pretty pricey.. I'm wanting to try bio oil too
  • myricksmom
    myricksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just bought Bio Oil and am starting it today. My friend swears by the stuff and her stretch marks were pretty bad and they are not noticeable now. I guess I don't care if they are really gone or not..just how bad they look. It is worth a shot! I certainly have wasted my money on worse things!