If I'm NOT sore after weight training....

Options
So I worked out last night ( which includes strength training with weights and walking for 15 minutes) and I'm not sore at all, it's this a bad thing? Yesterday was only my 3rd day of doing the workout and after day 1 & 2 I was very sore.

Replies

• sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No. It's not a bad thing. Soreness and sweating are not reliable indicators of an "effective" or "good" workout. Some people are very prone to muscle soreness and others hardly ever get sore. For a lot of people, muscle soreness will occur when you make a significant change in your training. For example, when you first start working out or increasing your weight significantly. But, once your body adjusts you are fine until you make another dramatic change.

It's kind of the same thing with sweating. Some people sweat a lot, others dont. It doesn't mean you aren't working just as hard or having a good workout just because you dont sweat.

Best of luck with your fitness goals.
    Larry
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    No. It's not a bad thing. Soreness and sweating are not reliable indicators of an "effective" or "good" workout. Some people are very prone to muscle soreness and others hardly ever get sore. For a lot of people, muscle soreness will occur when you make a significant change in your training. For example, when you first start working out or increasing your weight significantly. But, once your body adjusts you are fine until you make another dramatic change.

It's kind of the same thing with sweating. Some people sweat a lot, others dont. It doesn't mean you aren't working just as hard or having a good workout just because you dont sweat.

Best of luck with your fitness goals.
    Larry

nailed it.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    Also, soreness hits the worst 48 hours after the work out.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I dont even get sore after a serious leg day.