HELP ME!!!! FOOD EMERGENCY......

Options
Hope that got ur attention....lol, I am so sick of eating the same lunch stuff @ work everyday, it is getting so bad that I am basically living on 143 grams of pineapple or cantalope, green tea (which when matched with the 90 oz. of water, my boss likes to remind me he's not paying me 2 be in the bathroom all day) & a soft pretzel, which means I am no where near my 1200calories a day ,especially on my gym days.... then I come home @ nite and eat huge meal & feel sick... SO,Please help me with some new ideas, oh I guess I should mention,I don't eat anything out of the water and if any1 mentions salad, I will kill the lettuce crops.... Thanx to all of you in advance.....

Replies

• charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hope that got ur attention....lol, I am so sick of eating the same lunch stuff @ work everyday, it is getting so bad that I am basically living on 143 grams of pineapple or cantalope, green tea (which when matched with the 90 oz. of water, my boss likes to remind me he's not paying me 2 be in the bathroom all day) & a soft pretzel, which means I am no where near my 1200calories a day ,especially on my gym days.... then I come home @ nite and eat huge meal & feel sick... SO,Please help me with some new ideas, oh I guess I should mention,I don't eat anything out of the water and if any1 mentions salad, I will kill the lettuce crops.... Thanx to all of you in advance.....
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love some of the low carb tortiila wraps with either short cut chicken, lunchmeat or peanut butter. I also like celery with peanut butter, frozen lean cuisine or south beach det meals. I usually also eat a piece of fruit, yogurt or sugar free jello. Hope this helps:)

Oh yeah, I also really like protein bars: Atkins, South beach or the Zone.
  • talia
    talia Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you heard of the tv show 'cook yourself thin'? It has loads of reall good ideas for low cal lunches. Here is the website http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/C/cook-yourself-thin/index.html

They have all our favourite foods but have invented low cal versions. I am absolutly addicted as i get to feel like i'm eating real food but know its really good for me.

Thanks

Talia
    xxxx
  • Furpaws
    Furpaws Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi. Sounds like you need to eat more protein at lunch - that will fill you up and keep you satisfied so you're not overeating later in the day. My 'work' lunch: one 3 oz. can pink salmon or albacore, one apple, 5 Triscuit (reduced fat), green tea. Pack a Balance Bar or granola bar for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    How about a bit of Turkey(chicken whatever) sauteed with things like mushrooms, onions, garlic, and spinach and whatever else you may like. This can be made ahead of time and used in a wrap, pita, over rice whatever may be appealling to you.

Another that I enjoy is zuchinni or other squash sauteed and put in a tortilla. You can add salsa and egg or whatever sounds good to you.

Myself I am not a big salad eater I try it just doesn't appeal to me. If you like lentils they can make some tasty meals as well. I hope these help.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Soup is great too - Tortilla soup is filling and different. Sometimes I saute some shrimp with broccoli and put some Whole Foods soy ginger sauce on it. Warms us well at work. That is really tasty. I have also spent some time on Sunday's making meals - like fritatta's (Italian Omelete). The eggs are great for protein and I throw in whatever veggies I have on hand, such as peppers, eggplant, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, etc. I put a bit of cheese in and this keeps well for a few days. Nice to warm up at work as well.
  • charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thank you, I will keep that in mind while I'm shopping today....
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    why don't you eat six small meals each day : 3/4 c granola cereal for breakfast, 1 apple, 1/2c cottage cheese for snack, pb sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch, 1 c cantaloupe for snack, chicken salad with dates and olives for dinner, an orange for a snack? you can go to crosscrunch.com or jillianmichaels.com. it sounds to me like you are not getting the nutrients in your diet you need and eating a huge meal at night is not good.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you heard of the tv show 'cook yourself thin'? It has loads of reall good ideas for low cal lunches. Here is the website http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/C/cook-yourself-thin/index.html

They have all our favourite foods but have invented low cal versions. I am absolutly addicted as i get to feel like i'm eating real food but know its really good for me.

Thanks

Talia
    xxxx

I just saw a commercial for this show. It's going to start showing on Lifetime at 5pm - which is a time I can actually go and watch it because I'll be home. I can't wait!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My sweet hubby grills 5 boneless/skinless chicken breasts for me each Sunday afternoon so I can take cold chicken everyday.
    I love it.
    I slice it & add raw veggies. Easy. Quick. High protein.