The bad thing about being tall with an hourglass figure...

2»

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    I too am 5'10" and CURVY too. Hopefully this is not discouraging but I'd lost about 30 lbs before people could tell.
    Keep a picture diary- I've started to assemble on at about 40lbs down and it's been a huge motivator. I'm 80lbs down (hopefully more now but weigh in isn't til Saturday) and I've started losing slower but now the change with 5 pounds is WAY more noticible. Be encouraged by the inches and again start taking pictures once a month.

:drinker:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    It isn't just tall people! I am SHORT (5'1"). You know how they say 5 pounds makes a big difference? Only when you are gaining weight apparently. I've lost over 20 pounds and can't tell a difference. I'm still wearing the same clothes (admittedly my jeans are a little baggy). I have at least 85 pounds left to go in this weight loss journey too. I guess I am losing weight, but I am not sure where I am losing it from!
  • Kalyn
    Kalyn Posts: 15 Member
    I lost a large amount of weight a couple of years ago. Until I hit my 30 lb mark it wasn't physically noticeable to most people, people who hadn't seen me in a while would notice, but not anyone who seen me everyday. I could tell in my clothes and stuff though.
  • I completely agree with you guys
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    I'm certain that if you posted pictures, we'd all notice.

Sometimes when you have a lot to lose, it takes a long time for it to kind of stand out. It sounds like you are going to have a really great figure when you reach your goal. Just hang in there, and don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you are doing great!

I'm 5'8" so it took awhile for mine to "show" as well. Add me as a fried if you'd like! I'll rooting for you!
This discussion has been closed.