Feeling Guilty today.........

Options
.....Because for the past 3 days I have not exercised! I ran in circles around the house for about 15 minutes yesterday while my babies were eating their dinner, but not enough to sweat or get my heart pumping... I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I think if say it out loud it will embarrass me enough to go for it tonight! I always try to use my busy schedule or exhaustion as an excuse but if I'm truly honest with myself I know I can take 30-60 minutes a day to do it! So I will be exercising tonight!! :embarassed:

Replies

• tsgna83
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way this week! I feel like the only time I have available to exercise is weekends... but I need to get more disciplined/organized to be able to fit in some workouts during the week as well. No excuses!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Weather permitting, try to find the time to put the kids in the stroller and go for a nice, fast walk!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Just read that you have 5 kids... that might be hard to get them all in the stroller! :laugh:
  • veganempress
    Options
    Working out actually gives me energy. So once I start doing it tend to feel better afterwards. Do you have workout DVD's that you can use? This may help since you have kids in the house versus having to go outside and workout running etc..

Get ya workout on tonight girl and have fun with it. Good luck!
  • toberlili
    Options
    it is hard when you have kids, and it can exhaust you, so dont be down on yourself, its easier said than done, but a little activity is better than none. i started tickeling and chasing my kids about an hour before dinner, it gets your heartrate up and you sweat a little, then when the kids are done eating they are ready for bed. you can do it, and there are alot of people on here that will be there whenever you need :)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    You have to be crazy busy as it is! I know a mom of 5 kids and she is amazing but always on the go! Let alone the mental challenge of having five little voice always saying "Mom. Mommy? Mama?"

So don't look at it as being lazy or slacking off. Look at it as a well needed break. Now you are getting back on the horse and ready to ride! It has GOT to be hard to find the time. One thing I like about exercise is that I try to make it ME time. I only have one child but for some reason, its his favorite time to jump right on my back while I'm in downward facing dog and think I'm ready to take off like a pony! :o)
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Again, I'm all about getting outside when I can..... Sometimes, when I go to the park with my son, I run around like a fool, jumping up and down on benches, running up and down the steps on the jungle gym, etc. I just keep my feet moving and keep my heart rate up (I wear my heart rate monitor).

Can you wrangle up all the kids an hour or so before dinner and walk to a park? Let them all run around, play & burn off some energy. And you do the same! ??
  • Luv2bme
    Luv2bme Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! A lot of great motivation and advise given ;)...

LOL... yeah, 5 kids will definitely not fit in a stroller! Hahaha, but we have gone for many walks together. It really comes in handy when the 5 of them are at each others throats...

Yes, I have many DVDs and we actually just bought an elliptical machine, so I definitely can't use the excuse that I can't get to the gym. The only time I really have to relax n exercise without the kids jumping all over me is after I get them to bed and sometimes I'm just to exhausted by that time. I would love to find time first thing in the morning, but it is hard enough for me to get up early to get ready for work and get my 3 older kids ready for school...

I am going to make the time. I promised myself at least a hald hour each night and if longer, then great... but no pressure cuz that usually leads to failure!

Thanks again everyone!! There are a lot of really great, supportive people on this site!!!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi, I so understand where you are coming from. I have 4 kids. Can you do something like the others said as a 'family' thing? If the kids are little will they jump around to a exercise dvd? Or can you do something after they go to bed? One thing that I did for a while to loose weight was join a YMCA. I took the kids and they did their thing while I did mine. Don't beat yourself up. You have lots to handle and even if you keep busy, you are working out. Take it from someone who also had to run around with the kids. :happy:
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    Again, I'm all about getting outside when I can..... Sometimes, when I go to the park with my son, I run around like a fool, jumping up and down on benches, running up and down the steps on the jungle gym, etc. I just keep my feet moving and keep my heart rate up (I wear my heart rate monitor).

Can you wrangle up all the kids an hour or so before dinner and walk to a park? Let them all run around, play & burn off some energy. And you do the same! ??

Yes, definitely! I am totally the same! All about having fun playing and not afraid to act a fool... with or without the kids around!.... We were making time for the park during the summer, but with my 3 older kids having SO MUCH homework and the rest of our daily/nightly routines, it has really slowed down. We all exercise together a lot, we take turns choosing the activity whether it be hoola hoop, jump rope, stretches, aerobics, you name it... But I have slacked a bit due to exhaustion, I guess... But like I said, no more excuses!
    I LOVE to hear other stories about women having fun with their kids, actin a fool! It's so great and the kids love it!... I hope you have a great day :)
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    Hi, I so understand where you are coming from. I have 4 kids. Can you do something like the others said as a 'family' thing? If the kids are little will they jump around to a exercise dvd? Or can you do something after they go to bed? One thing that I did for a while to loose weight was join a YMCA. I took the kids and they did their thing while I did mine. Don't beat yourself up. You have lots to handle and even if you keep busy, you are working out. Take it from someone who also had to run around with the kids. :happy:

True! I totally agree! I actually put the kids in karate for a while and I was about to join with them, but we moved... I am currently looking into getting us all in a kick boxing class. They have several around here for kids and adults.. There is even a day care center for my 2 little ones... So, once that is set up, I will definitely have the time. I always ensure my kids are on time and go to everything I sign them up to. Trying to instill responsibility and values in them, so it wouldn't be me trying to do something on my own.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I turn on music and dance crazy with the kids (the crazier the better.) lol my heart rate goes up, i sweat and the kids get pooped!
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    I turn on music and dance crazy with the kids (the crazier the better.) lol my heart rate goes up, i sweat and the kids get pooped!

That is one of our favorite things to do! We all LOVE music. I even go as far as pretending I'm getting them in an exclusive club, we get all dressed up, I get the strobe light and disco ball out and we dance around for hours. I like to add in a few exercise moves, like punching, weaving or squatting while dancing....So, agreed! Its a ton of fun!! :)
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options

That is one of our favorite things to do! We all LOVE music. I even go as far as pretending I'm getting them in an exclusive club, we get all dressed up, I get the strobe light and disco ball out and we dance around for hours. I like to add in a few exercise moves, like punching, weaving or squatting while dancing....So, agreed! Its a ton of fun!! :)

its one of our fav things. Ill have to do the club thing! the kiddos would love it!