Washed up Athlete Looking for Redemption

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm new and looking for support and friends for my community. Just alittle about myself I'm a 20 year college student I'm in my junior year of studying Biology, I really want to persue ecology. And recently I've gotten over my sophomore (AND freshman) slump and I'm happy with my life and the people that I have surrounded myself with. But the past 2 years of being sorta depressed and bummed out away from home have taken their toll and my once toned body has gotten a little mushy. While I'm still in the normal and healthy BMI I'm no where near where i was in high school when I was getting scouted for DI soccer BEFORE ripping my ACL ..... cue depressed downward spiral that would follow the next 2 years. But NOW I'm standing on the sunny side of the street and am trying to de clutter and get healthy in all aspects of my life. Currently I am 25 pounds over my ideal body weight for a 5'5' very active person, and alot of this has to do with my eating habits which are terrible. SOOOOO
I would love some support and love and will give both in return. If anyone has cool exercises, tips or recipes I'd love to trade. Shoot me a message or a friend request and get to know me better! Its a long and hard road but I plan on being totally blissed out on endorphins and relishing the self deprivation of junk food!
xoxox
Anna MoonChild!

Replies

• sbwildman
    Options
    We basically have THE SAME story!!!
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yup, same story I too am 5'5" and about 20lbs over, I used to run quite a bit but with age I was having trouble with my hip flexor and my knee, so I just stopped and ate food to feel better which did the opposite by making me feel worse because I gain weight. With the help of MFP I've been doing pretty good and I think I'm on the right track. I hate to say it but run girl, run, it burns the calories like a wildfire!

I also, have been trying to do more multi-joint exercises to gail strengh for Mt. Biking, so I do that when ever I can fit it in to my schedule.

Good luck, and if you stay focused you shall be redeemed.

Pam
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same story too! After high school into my freshman year of college I really let myself go. I'm also in a healthy weight range now but obviously not as toned as I used to be during soccer season ha. I'm really trying to get it together now! It's hard but it's nice having some support!