Bad food day........

Options
I'm usually good at passing on goodies at work, but today is not one of those days!! So... so far today I had my normal 2 cups of coffee, which isn't that bad in calories, aside from the little bit of creamer I add... Here is what I've had so far today AND IT'S ONLY 3PM:
Breakfast: Turkey sandwich (I made it for lunch,running late this morning so I ended up eating it for breakfast )

Snack: 1 chocolate chip cookie and 2 BROWNIES!!! :embarassed: (Birthday celebration at work... ughhhh, happy Birthday, I love you but not all the food that's brought in) I usually have control when it comes to our office Birthday celebrations and parties, but those brownies were just calling out to me today... I'm not lying, I heard them!! :embarassed: :blushing:

Lunch: Bagel with cream cheese (usually have a salad, but something in me just forced me to the office kitchen)

OK, JUST THAT ALONE IS 1 CALORIE AWAY FROM 1400 CALORIE LIMIT!! ......... 1400 CALORIES???? In order for me to lose weight I should only be consuming 1200 calories a day (according to my nutritionist)... so, on top of no exercise for the last 3 days, I have this guilt to deal with!!

Dinner??? I don't know, I'm gonna have to get creative with as minimal calories as possible.... maybe salad with no bells and whistles... :tongue: :ohwell:

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break, We all have bad days or even bad weeks. Look at today as just a slip and that you can get right back on the wagon tomorrow. Try not to get too stressed or upset because that can make it even worse!
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Girl, the same thing happened to me yesterday.
    I got invited out to lunch at a pizza/brewery and could NOT resist the pizza. I ended up having negative calories by dinner time. It's a bummer. And I haven't worked out in a few days either... even more of a bummer.

But guess what? It happens, and tomorrow (or today, in my case) is a different day. Shrug it off and try not to worry about it too much-stress causes weight gain!

You've been working hard, as we all have... you deserve a day every once in awhile to splurge. As long as you get back on track the following day, it's fine. Don't beat yourself up :)
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If your hungrey,there is two reasons....either thirsty or hungrey. Be sure that your eating breakfest even if it is not good for you[bagel].This gets the body started and triggers the cycle for the day.
    As far as the sweets, all sweets triggers the mind to wanting more & more once you start,this is why eating every 3-4 hrs is important.
    Finally, if this is only day for eating like this,forget it ....continue eating healthy tomorrow. No body is perfect,don't beat yourself up over it.

Just because your nutricianist says only 1400 cals,doesn't mean you can't go over, esp.when day is very active. Listen to your body,it will tell you all you need to know, Always drink 8oz water before you eat ,if you think your hungrey and just ate something.

Good luck:wink:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Maybe tonight is the night that you get the kids involved in some sort of workout! Jumping jacks, sit ups, pushups...When my dad involved us kids in his workouts I always thought it was so much fun...when I was LITTLE...key word there...Haha! But I'm not sure how old your kids are to be suggesting such things! If I want to add some calories on and I'm not in the mood to work out I tackle a massive cleaning project I've been putting off to count some addition calories.

THEN AGAIN, sometimes you just have a bad day! Tomorrow is another day...full of good food choice and exercise around every corner! :o) :o) :o)
  • kahroleena22
    kahroleena22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    girl! you need to write down your weaknesses and figure out a way to get around them! temptation is EVERYWHERE! for example - if you wanna do bagels and cream cheese - opt for the laughing cow cream cheese which is only 35 cals! and then you can do the bagel thin bread! thing is to PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE! another great tip for your sweet tooth is GUM. can't do without my fruity gum. yum :)

ASIDE FROM ALL OF THAT....these days WILL happen. don't beat yourself up. just expect them, prepare for them, and handle them accordingly. I know because i like pizza, wings, beer, and wine. i've lost 5 lbs in the past month and you better believe i've had all 4 in the past month as well! :)