Pregnancy weight, anyone else?

Options
Hello! I just gave birth a month ago to our fourth child (first girl). I had put on quite a bit of weight with his pregnancy compared to my other three. Just a little background: I've been a member of MFP for a few years now and I did really well. I had dropped 50lbs the first year and took a break because of school. I gained about 20lbs back , then lost it and then again..the same dreaded story that most of us have told. Before I had gotten pregnant I was back to eating right and fitting in exercise when I could (being a student and stay at home mom of 3)- feeling good again. Then, BAM! "honey, I'm pregnant" and craving anything and everything under the sun. So yeah.. I'm hoping to find any other moms out there who are in a similar situation for support and to stay motivated.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Kim and I can relate to your story. My weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 70 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in? If so, add me as a buddy!
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My son is 3-months old, feel free to friend me!
  • emilylittle5494
    emilylittle5494 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I had my fourth baby 8 months ago, and I am also trying to lose pregnancy weight. I have about 5 kg to go until I am at my goal. I lost about 16kg before MFP, and have just discovered MFP recently. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Pregnancies were the main reason for my weight increase over the years. With each one, those last few pounds didn't come off. Twelve years and 5 pregnancies later, I was 35-40 pounds overweight and feeling frumpy as ever. As a busy mom, I didn't think it would be possible to find time in my day to do a workout that would make me lose weight. Then a friend introduced me to MFP and the rest is history. I never really learned how to lose weight until I started doing MFP. I realized that losing weight doesn't mean spending 2 hours a day at the gymor eating nothing but salads. It's all about calorie restriction with modest exercise. I began doing a 20 minute workout video and counting calories and the pounds started flying off! I am near my goal, but will be an MFP gal for life! You can do this!
  • acdk207
    acdk207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i'm back! I gave birth to my first child, a son on 2/8/14. It had been a rough road dealing with PCOS but im finally a mom! I was down to 188 (using MFP) when I got pregnant, got up to 244 by the time I had him, dropped to 217 afterwards but now im at 227. So frustrated. Im trying to eat well but finding time, or should I say making time to exercise is my problem. I also still crave chocolate but seem to be able to make better choices lately. I try to follow a low carb diet as that has always worked best for me. I could really use some strong support and encouragement. I need to be healthy for my son! Anyone is welcome to friend me! :)
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd child 3-1/2 months ago. After the birth of my first I went from 125 ( pre pregnancy) to 220lbs.over the span of 3-1/2 years I dropped to 195 before I got pregnant with my second.

After my second was born I tried dieting (now I know I was doing everything wrong) and dropped to 185 over another 3 years, I tried but couldn't drop below and kept giving up..until I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child.

I promised myself this time that I would enjoy my pregnancy but the day she was born I would start my new life style, healthy simple foods, nothing processed. The day after I had her I weighed in at 208lbs...I started my lifestyle change and the weight started to melt off... 2 months after my 3rd was born I started up some workout dieting programs to accelerate my weight loss..Today I weigh in at 151lbs! 56+lbs lost in less than 4 months and I only have 21.5lbs to go until I am at my pre-pregnancy weight from my first child almost 7 years ago. :) I am hoping to be at my ultimate goal by this fall!

I understand how challenging it can be!! If anyone would like to add me, feel free! :flowerforyou:
  • Dozer91
    Dozer91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My sweet baby is 1 year and 1/2 and I am still 10 pounds away from my prepregnancy weight. This was my 3rd pregnancy with 19 years between my first and my last. I am in my late 30s. When I had my last child I was induced and actually gained weight in the hospital. I left weighing 236. I started working out 4-5 days a week and eating 1600-1800 calories a day 5 weeks postpartum and after all this time I am down to 188. My prepregnacy weight is 178 but the weight in my 20s was 160-170 and that is where I would like to get down to. Its been a frustrating and long journey. I have seen nutritionists, gone to weight watchers, tried modifying my vitamin and mineral intake. Now just to keep my mind off simply losing weight I am beginning to take up different sports. I just joined a hockey team this last year but I also box and swim. When I workout, I try to build skills in those things instead. I hope by the time my son reaches 2 I will be down to my prepregnacy size. I certainly have a lot of clothes in boxes waiting for me to wear. Friend me if you want to.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My 5th daughter is a year now and I am now only 5lbs from my prepregnancy weight. Since I also started lifting I fit into all my clothes even better than before. I hope to be able to maintain well... that is not my strength. I lost weight between all the babies but never maintained long but got pregnant instead. This was my last baby so I am hoping I can do this maintenance thing. But first those last 10lbs (I am aiming lower than before baby #1.)