Dunkin Donuts !

Options
2»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    a large black coffee has like um 4 calories in.

What the heck are you putting in your coffee!!!!

A slice of cheesecake lol

Mmmmmm. Cheesecake.

That was my thought, too! :bigsmile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's a northeast thing. Regular coffee, coffee regular, cawwfeee regular, coffee regulah... means coffee with cream and sugar.

There are three basic ways to order coffee: black, regular, light and sweet (extra cream & extra sugar)

Also a Dunkin Donuts thing. I only like coffee black, so the first time I wet through the DD drive-through with a friend who had claimed DD coffee was so great (it's rated by a lot of people I know) I was horrified to see that my regular coffee had tons of stuff in it and had to dump it out and get new coffee. (This was years ago and I wasn't dieting, for the record.) It was bizarre to me, since here regular coffee is black and only black. (Also tea without further specification ought to mean not sweetened.)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about a Dunkin "regular" - which means THEY add the cream and sugar.

so....

walk in and say- I'd like a medium coffee- black.

or a medium coffee skim

or medium coffee whole milk

or medium coffee half and half

or medium milk light sugar.

you are paying them to make your coffee- you can get it made however you want.
    There are three basic ways to order coffee: black, regular, light and sweet (extra cream & extra sugar)

although- this is true. it's not that difficult to order it w/o all the stuff.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I could get down with that cup of coffee!!!

I know, right?! Love me a nice tall thick piece of cheesecake.

What were we talking about again?

We were discussing our date tonight silly.

I'll be there at 7:30
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I don't waste calories on drinks that don't get me drunk :drinker:

:drinker:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Wait, if it's that many cals, it's not regular coffee. At least not black coffee. Coffee has VERY little cals.

It's a northeast thing. Regular coffee, coffee regular, cawwfeee regular, coffee regulah... means coffee with cream and sugar.

This wass how I understood the different coffee combinations when I was younger. I got excited as a kid when my mom would order a regular coffee because I'd get a sip. I never wanted to sip my dad's black coffee.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

I could get down with that cup of coffee!!!

I know, right?! Love me a nice tall thick piece of cheesecake.

What were we talking about again?

We were discussing our date tonight silly.

I'll be there at 7:30

Oh yea! 7:30 it is:drinker:
  • kmestripez
    kmestripez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Black coffee = 4 calories. Learn to love it.

I don't waste calories on drinks that don't get me drunk :drinker:

hahaha :laugh:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    How about an Affogato? One scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with a shot of espresso...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    How about an Affogato? One scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with a shot of espresso...

this sounds like mai date. NOMNOMNOM vanilla AND coffee.

oh all the coffee- !!!! ALL THE VANILLA!!!!
  • rljohnsufl
    rljohnsufl Posts: 48
    Options
    Yeah, I live near Boston (DD central) and they will throw sugar and cream into your coffee unless you are VERY clear that you don't want it. 99% of people just get it "regulah".

This is why I don't go to Dunkin Donuts. The coffee I make at home tastes way better and I control what goes into it. Failing that, I get a black coffee and add my own stuff to it.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    Wait, if it's that many cals, it's not regular coffee. At least not black coffee. Coffee has VERY little cals.

yes ! ...that's what I'm talking about. :)
  • LFA50
    Options
    I'm talking about a Dunkin "regular" - which means THEY add the cream and sugar.

so....

walk in and say- I'd like a medium coffee- black.

or a medium coffee skim

or medium coffee whole milk

or medium coffee half and half

or medium milk light sugar.

you are paying them to make your coffee- you can get it made however you want.

although- this is true. it's not that difficult to order it w/o all the stuff.

understand that part of it ;) ...just commenting on the high calorie content as I never knew ! The large "regular" DD coffee was given to me this morning, as a friendly gesture by a friend, so I had it and enjoyed it. :) I actually prefer my coffee without sugar and almond milk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Also a Dunkin Donuts thing. I only like coffee black, so the first time I wet through the DD drive-through with a friend who had claimed DD coffee was so great (it's rated by a lot of people I know) I was horrified to see that my regular coffee had tons of stuff in it and had to dump it out and get new coffee. (This was years ago and I wasn't dieting, for the record.) It was bizarre to me, since here regular coffee is black and only black. (Also tea without further specification ought to mean not sweetened.)

This is all opening my mind I guess ;-)

Where I live, regular coffee is black coffee...and then you add your own whatever. And tea is iced sweet tea...which I do not like...I always have to specify if I want unsweetened tea and iced versus hot.
  • LFA50
    Options
    Yeah, I live near Boston (DD central) and they will throw sugar and cream into your coffee unless you are VERY clear that you don't want it. 99% of people just get it "regulah".

This is why I don't go to Dunkin Donuts. The coffee I make at home tastes way better and I control what goes into it. Failing that, I get a black coffee and add my own stuff to it.

fa shizzle !
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

This is all opening my mind I guess ;-)

Where I live, regular coffee is black coffee...and then you add your own whatever. And tea is iced sweet tea...which I do not like...I always have to specify if I want unsweetened tea and iced versus hot.

Same here except tea is unsweetened unless specified.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well at least you took the time to research the calorie content so chalk it up to a learning experience!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    after reading the thread title, i was...

tumblr_m4qefrMGBY1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

however, the inexplicable lack of pictures of donuts has left me...

tumblr_lvwnaqouZ71r3emifo1_400.gif
  • lorrennon
    lorrennon Posts: 43
    Options
    OK.. let me make this easy for all ya'll (note the accent in the text ;p) Coffee comes 2 ways... regular and unleaded. These stand for with or without caffeine. ANYTHING else in the coffee ain't coffee but add ins.. For the record I like my coffee the way I like my women: Hot, fresh, blonde, and sweet ;)