30 Day Shred + Weight Lifting

Okay, so to lose the little bit of belly fat that I have left , I decided to try the 30 Day Shred. I saw that it was HIGHLY recommend for losing belly fat and toning up. However, weight lifting was recommended by you guys. So I figured I would do both so I don't get any skinner than I am now.

First let me say, I completed Day 1 about 3 hours ago and I was ready to kill myself! Good grief that **** is hard! After watching it before I actually did it, I didn't think it would be that hard! I feel good (and sore) now but sheesh that was tough! And Jillian's non stop talking self made it worse. I kept yelling "SHUT UP B***H!" at the screen the whole time. LOL

So is the 30 day shred on top of weight lifting a good idea or is it too much?

Replies

• Katterin227
    Katterin227 Posts: 105 Member
    I would guess that you should do one or the other. In particular, if you're going to work on weightlifting, you want to focus your strength training on those workouts and rest or do cardio on the off days, without the extra strength work in the 30DS.

At least, that's the way I'm approaching it - I'm not an expert, just someone making a similar decision. I had started 30DS based on the results people had posted, but I'd really like to start lifting as well and want to start the Stronglifts 5X5 program. But, I don't think doing both at once is a good idea. Part of me wants to switch to lifting now, but I think I'm going to finish 30DS first and then start lifting.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    30DS is great...I lost a lot of inches doing it...

I now lift and do HIIT which is good as well...

So imho doing both is a good idea. Just do the 30DS on non lifting days or after you lift.

And make sure you take at least one full rest day.

Oh on my first go around with 30DS

on Level 1 on day 3 I muted her...
    On level 2 day 1 I laid on my mat and almost cried after I was done
    Level 3 is my favorite...
  • ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member
    I would guess that you should do one or the other. In particular, if you're going to work on weightlifting, you want to focus your strength training on those workouts and rest or do cardio on the off days, without the extra strength work in the 30DS.

At least, that's the way I'm approaching it - I'm not an expert, just someone making a similar decision. I had started 30DS based on the results people had posted, but I'd really like to start lifting as well and want to start the Stronglifts 5X5 program. But, I don't think doing both at once is a good idea. Part of me wants to switch to lifting now, but I think I'm going to finish 30DS first and then start lifting.

I really want to lift too! At first I was scared of getting too muscular but now I see thats not the case. I can't wait!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

I really want to lift too! At first I was scared of getting too muscular but now I see thats not the case. I can't wait!

Then don't.

30DS does not have enough "weights" to interfere with your lifting. I wish I had started lifting a lot earlier...don't make the same mistake.