Carbs, carbs, and carbs

Options
Hi! So I'm a newbie with My Fitness Pal for about a week and I've got a question???? I seem to always be under my carb target goal, but either at or just below my calorie target goal. Does anyone know what are great foods that have lots of carbs and not so many calories????? Thanks, hope everyone is having a happy thursday!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One gram of carbs has 4 calories no matter what.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    play with it alittle bit and you will get into a groove and know what to eat with what and how it will affect your numbers. It took me a while but I figured out what to not in the same day in order to keep my sodium under target. I dont worry much about carbs. We all need carbs but Im hardly ever over.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about being under on carbs, I am always under on carbs....but if you want carbs try banana's or wheat bread, baked sweet potato, a "good" cereal, fiber one bars.
    but your still gonna get the same amount of calories. Everyone is different, but I lose weight better when I stay under on my carbs.
    Good Luck!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about being under on carbs, I am always under on carbs....but if you want carbs try banana's or wheat bread, baked sweet potato, a "good" cereal, fiber one bars.
    but your still gonna get the same amount of calories. Everyone is different, but I lose weight better when I stay under on my carbs.
    Good Luck!

Pretty much what I was going to say. Yes carbs have 4 calories per gram no matter what, but I think the answer she is looking for is calorie density. You are probably eating a lot of vegetables, which most have a low density of calories, as opposed to most fruits or things like granola, cereal, etc. I often eat two large cucumbers with some balsamic vinegar and the calories (carbs) for that is crazy low, yet I feel full, so that would not be a good meal or even good as my only side to some protein.

Just play around with it. A balance is good and I bet adding a banana or two per day and some fruit in your cereal will get you there.
  • iloveitzel
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great comments! Very helpful:)